DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ Authorization Expiration

whichwayisup

Reactions
Not sure if this has been answered, but scenario:

You obtain a 3 day NFZ authorization through DJI GEO map to fly. What happens if the authorization expires while you are in a current flight 3 days later? Will the drone be smart enough to know you are authorized or will it immediately throw a NFZ alert and immediately land you in a tree?

Maybe someone with the right contacts with DJI programmers could suggest they put in a programme that initiates a RTH if entering NFZ.

That used to be the case, it actually was initially an RTH scenario but they have changed that .

Which is kind of strange really as now it hovers, you would think they would want the drone out of there as what happens if suddenly as happens lately, your RC loses connection, now you have a wandering drone in an NFZ, and no it will not RTH on signal loss cause DJI have switch off all intelligent flight functions and state you have to take manual control of the drone.

One sure way to an accident right there.
Reminds me of the autoland and abort scenario, seems like someone just changes **** to try and justify a job.

All those people saying that 800 is great, i wonder though how many of them actually have flown near an NFZ, as no one on 800 seems able to confirm anything. As everyone seems to live miles from NFZ's.

Some of us do live just in the gaps in NFZ's and we do not enter them and the old warning was enough to guide us to turn around.

Now DJI is trying to scare everyone away from being anywhere near an NFZ.by stupidly limiting your smart RTH function and turning you into a hovering brick.

Once again it is fine all those saying THIS IS NOT A FORCED UPDATE but if someone is not a member of the forums and is just out there flying and see new firmware available in big red letters, they may well update without knowing what will happen.

Not everyone received the same emails or even the same messages on screen from what i can see being posted lately.

(This is not limited to the new FW either it started on 0600, it was activated with the new app, On 600 the old app never limited your smart functions at all but it did give you all the NFZ information.

As soon as i updated the new app on 0600 (yes i re logged in etc) i flew in my usual area close to an NFZ and was told all my intelligent flight functions inc RTH were limited and to take control and manually fly home but RTH always worked.

Now on 0800 it appears it does not, so any RC connection loss and the Mavic is, as said a hovering brick with no one controlling it.

Reactions: whichwayisup
.550 has NFZ off but .600 has fixed wing flight, ugh. I'm sure soon they will begin forcing updates anyways, as they now force you to "sign in " with the app.

@Gary cato just to clarify with this.
If you enter a NFZ on this new update, its in LOS and you get the message can you take control and fly it back or is it stuck until battery runs out?
as long as you have RC connection you can take control and fly out DJI switches off all intelligent flight functions as they do not want you using any modes that may go wrong in a NFZ and also to discourage you from actualling entering one.

The AC will hover if you are in an intelligent flight mode when you hit the NFZ and will switch off and hover, You will get a message saying you have to take manual control and fly out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toninhostark