DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ in Gulf Islands BC

buddyker

Reactions
Hey Everyone,

Been having issues with no fly zones that were never no fly zones before. When I look at the maps it shows safe to fly but my drone is saying NFZ. I have referenced DJI geo maps and government of Canada's and it all says you can fly in the area. The location is in the aerodrome of Bedwell Harbour, Pender Island which states it is admissible to fly. Anyone else having issues like this?

Does the DJI Fly App give you the option to unlock the location? I know there is a problem right now with the Mini 2 and geofencing. Unlocking Geofencing on the Mini 2 is currently not available. Apparently when the Mini was released last year, users had the same issues and DJI released a firmware and software update in December that corrected the problem.

Hey Everyone,

Been having issues with no fly zones that were never no fly zones before. When I look at the maps it shows safe to fly but my drone is saying NFZ. I have referenced DJI geo maps and government of Canada's and it all says you can fly in the area. The location is in the aerodrome of Bedwell Harbour, Pender Island which states it is admissible to fly. Anyone else having issues like this?
Short term get an unlock code from DJI. Long term point out the error and encourage change... the latter is ultimately simpler and helps others, but takes a while.

Reactions: Bobell69
@Bobell69 @Thomas B thank you very much for this. I will contact DJI, but they take forever to make anything happen.

I do not get the option to unlock it is just a straight up NFZ which is new to that area.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143