DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ-Wildfires??

bruceG

Reactions
I just tried to fly over a building I shoot for the developer on a regular basis and got "NFZ-
Wildfire zone". Mavic 2 Pro wouldn't go above 4 feet. It's true I am in SoCAl where the fires are/were, but I'm easily 5 miles from any of them at this time. I'm wondering if "they" can implement a NFZ at any time anywhere for any reason. And if they can and do, and forget to remove it when the danger is passed, then what? I don't have any quarrel with regulation and am licensed and insured to the hilt.
But just wondering............

There's only one TFR there at present - are you inside that?

IMG_CBB918C6F653-1.jpeg

Wonder if you can unlock that Zone using DJI's GeoUnlocking feature via thier website. Care to give it a try and report back? I am thinking no as its a TFR or Temporary Flight Restriction that the FAA has imposed.

Worth a try though . DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

You can't unlock flight in a TFR with explicit authorization from the controlling agency as indicated in the point of contact information.

Wonder if you can unlock that Zone using DJI's GeoUnlocking feature via thier website. Care to give it a try and report back? I am thinking no as its a TFR or Temporary Flight Restriction that the FAA has imposed.

Worth a try though . DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography
Sorry, missed it. I tried a few hours later and everything's back to normal. Also, the "red flag" (high wind) warnings were discontinued in the fire zones. I tend to think your thinking re: the TFR is accurate. It's probably a good thing that they did it. There are always some bozos who fly in situations which are hazardous not only to themselves & gear, but also impede others who are trying to deal with the situations.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic