DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Niagara Falls

You can only speak for yourself. I don't think my comments would register as insulting to those that fly responsibly and want others to do so. This perhaps tells us something about you. It's a shame. Keep in mind the way you fly your drone can impact everyone who has a drone - this has been proven with observable evidence as per my previous posts. It's up to you. Don't screw it up for the rest of us.

I sure hope you've never gone over the speed limit.

Got back from Canada a couple of weeks ago. We visited Niagara and there was a drone about. The pilot was flying it around the Maid of the Mist (the USA boat) and we were on the Hornblower (Canadian boat).

We also went up Sulphur Mountain on the Gondola while in Banff, and an asian gentleman was flying his drone around the top of the mountain. He was politely told to ground it by a warden.

Both drones looked like Mavic Air's. I have to say, from a personal point of view both these guys were idiots.

Laws or no Laws we still live in a world with idiots.about.

Thanks for this.

Personally, like a lot of you, I feel that drone use should not be restricted in general and that drone fliers should fly their drones in a respectful safe manner. This automatically mean we don't fly around people and tourist places like Niagara Falls, regardless of the laws. The governements don't really have a clue and so they have a knee-jerk reaction to drones - they take into account the idiots, or as Thwyllo called them "
Maybe he didn't, lol. Could be too young to have a license ;)

If I speed I get a ticket. If I fly my drone irresponsibly the government cracks down with strict rules. Make no mistake, they will ban drones completely as has been done in numerous other countries.

I can't correct your idiocy and irresponsibilty - only you can. I hope for the rest of us that you consider not flying when its not safe for other people or in an irresponsbile way that risks a crack down. Do what you want but your actions affect all of us. I don't even know why you'd argue with this point.

If I speed I get a ticket...

No. Using your logic, people like you are the ones that cause the speed limits to be lowered down. Think about it next time you cross the speed limit. And next time you post.

Here's your biggest problem.

Being combative..

I do not agree that people should fly over the falls to get cool shots if it can cause a safety concern. If it doesn't then so be it. You on the other hand have suggested that anyone who thought it was a cool shot or have done something similar before is a moron etc.

Don't be so abrasive and combative and I bet you would find many people on your side about respecting the rules so they don't get stricter. Next time don't come in guns blazing

None. It would likely not be an issue. But your example is irrelevant because there are now laws, laws created because of people doing as you describe.

But, because others have flown their drones in more precarious situations, specifically around airports and at the same altitude as passenger jets at close range, the laws have now been set. So now, if you fly your drone around Niataga Falls you would be contravening the laws and the governement would then have reasons to make them more strict.

I am sorry these concepts are lost on some of you. But if you either a) fly irresponsibly and b) break the laws, the laws will clamp down on the rest of us. The risk is a total ban on drone flying. Don't be a selfish jerk about it and THINK before you fly and follow all the laws and rules and outside of the laws, fly responsibilty - I guess you need a definiton of what "respoinsible" means - it means "flying such that there is no risk that your actions will cause further restrictions on the rest of us responsible drone fliers".

It's not rocket science. It's simple consideration and intelligence.

The law is now no flying around Niagara Falls. So don't fly around Niagara Falls.

Ohhhh please, Zzzzzzzz,Zzzzzzzz......

Reactions: Thwyllo
Gotta agree. It’s moron pilots who get the laws ramped. My city had full laws and it’s a full no fly zone as pilots were landing them all over, including an airport runway. Follow the rules.

That sorta attitude can land you a snitch report. Videos and flight logs go a long way in the right hands

The link you provided shows Niagara Falls as NOT a no-fly zone. It's shown in YELLOW for recreational flying, NOT RED.
Class F:
Class F airspace is Advisory Airspace in Canada which is not designated for military operations is shown in yellow. Advisory Airspace indicates that there may be concentrations of activity which is potentially hazardous to aircraft such as flight training or hang gliding.

You are advised to fly with caution, recreationally.

While we are on the subject, you are never allowed to fly more than 500m away from yourself, and always within line of sight, and cannot cross International borders -- anywhere (not just for Niagara Falls).

So the Falls is allowed, provided you follow the general drone flying precautions and rules.

Some of you can’t read, it seems. There is no restriction for flying over/around the falls, if you adhere to the Class F recreational flying rules in Canada. The area is Yellow, not Red. I can’t speak for the US side.

Some of you can’t read, it seems. There is no restriction for flying over/around the falls, if you adhere to the Class F recreational flying rules in Canada. The area is Yellow, not Red. I can’t speak for the US side.
Got a link to the rules? Just a Canadian here trying to figure out the rules without mixing in American

There is a link up above...sorry just running out the door.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR9925