DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nice to meet you everyone! Advice?

Welcome to the forum! :)

Either of those drones could be used for recreational purposes. Compare the major specs here and figure out which would best meet your needs and budget.

Hi everyone,

Joining now your amazing community!

I live in the UK and given the regulations I’m very undecided whether to buy a mini 3 pro or a Mavic Classic…
It would be just for recreational use and I’d use it when travelling for holidays (EU / US).
Any advices?

Thank you!
Much less hassle travelling with a Mini 3 Pro because it is under 250g.

@SeaSaltSky right now here in the UK with the current regs, then the only real choice for purely recreational flying ,and the least number of airspace restrictions, is either of the Mini 3 drones but for the extra cost the Mini 3 pro plus the fly more kit,and the RC with built in screen is the only way to go ,for maximum ability across the board

@SeaSaltSky right now here in the UK with the current regs, then the only real choice for purely recreational flying ,and the least number of airspace restrictions, is either of the Mini 3 drones but for the extra cost the Mini 3 pro plus the fly more kit,and the RC with built in screen is the only way to go ,for maximum ability across the board
Thank you @old man mavic ! Given majority of my usage would be when travelling to the EU / Rest of world where hopefully the c1 could still fly under a1 regulations, would you still recommend the mini 3 pro or would you actually lean more towards the 3 Classic? I can’t get over how more solid, better built and better specc’d that looks like but again I’m a total novice so maybe it would be an overkill for me and actually more of a nuisance when travelling because of the more stringent regulations extra EU..
totally confused here

@SeaSaltSky ,there are many other countries ,where a under 250g drone is going to be an advantage over a heavier drone
plus of course the weight and size of the Mavic 3 compared to the Mini 3 pro and the overall cost involved
yes it is a substantially more able flyer simply because of its specs ,and can handle a lot more windy conditions than the Mini 3 pro
at the end of the day only you know the exact requirements, that you need from the drone you choose ,do your research, and then make an informed choice ,based on the knowledge you have gained
joining this forum was a good start to your drone adventures ,good luck

Hi everyone,

Joining now your amazing community!

I live in the UK and given the regulations I’m very undecided whether to buy a mini 3 pro or a Mavic Classic…
It would be just for recreational use and I’d use it when travelling for holidays (EU / US).
Any advices?

Thank you!
Welcome to the forum.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

You asked for advice and you will get it… But when it comes to making the final decision, it's all on you and you will have to live with the consequences. Not that's it's bad, either choice is good, the cost may be a factor, and the rules and laws, another… The Mini 3 is under 250 grams and the rules are different for you than with the Mavic Classic which weighs more than 250 grams. Besides all the great advice you will receive here, look at lots of YouTube Videos and decide it the differences between the two justifies the cost and possible restrictions in flying either…

Besides all the reading from the responses you will receive and this (admittedly long reply, I have attached the link to all the downloads for both models, including the User manuals…

Since you live in UK, there are specific laws and rules for you to follow, please check to ensure these are current.

Even if you have flown Drones before, here is some Good Old Fashion Advice…

You paid a lot of money for that Drone, put your phone number on it. If your drone gets lost or stuck in a tree and it finally comes down when you are not around, give the finders an opportunity to contact you so it can be returned.

Now, for the Fun Part, But do not let the excitement of the moment get the best of you. When you are going out to fly, do it slowly and deliberately. Get used to a set procedure and even practice it.

There are so many things I could write but these are the highlights that I feel need mentioning.

Plug in your phone/tablet into your controller; turn on the Controller and DJI Fly App (if it does not start on its own…). On the Drone, open the front legs, then open the back legs, and then remove the Gimbal Cover.

The Gimbal is the most delicate item on the Drone and banging or bumping can damage it. I also fastened a short "Remove Before Flight" ribbon to the cover so it's more noticeable and I do not forget to remove it…

Turn on the drone and watch it come to "life." Watching the Gimbal go through its self-check is almost like watching a puppy or kitten opening its eyes for the first time…

Place the drone down (preferably on a Landing Pad) while it finishes its self-test (collecting satellites, etc…).

Check your battery status (Phone, Drone, and Controller), check the Signal Strength, by now the Controller should have reported it updated the Home Point.

Lift off, 6 feet (2-meters) or so, hover a bit, check the controls (move the drone a bit forward, back, left, right, yaw left and right). By now, your Controller will probably report again, "Home point Updated."

If you go out in a rush and race thru your start up and take off before the drone has finished it prep, it may update its Home Point over that pond or that old tree you are flying over and in your excitement, you'll fly the drone long past it Low Battery point and when it engages Return to Home and lands in the pond or in a tree; it will be all on you…

Now go have fun, learn to fly the drone by sight before you try to fly it out a distance depending on the video feed, FPV.

I would also advise you to use YouTube and watch a lot of the Videos on flying and setting up the Drone. When it is too dark, too cold, or too wet, you can "fly it vicariously" through YouTube. Also watch some of the Blooper Drone Videos and learn how not to fly your "New Baby."

Below are the links to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mini 3 Pro and the Mavic Classis, including the User Manuals.

After you read the Manuals, read them again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

Fly On and Fly Safe…

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo