DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Night Flying

Excellent......we now have 2 sources of this......Airmap’s and the silly “Buzzy” from the FAA......

AirMap probably sources their recommendation from the FAA source.....and this FAA source could very well be the genesis of the confusion. There’s no “official” prohibition in any of the FAA’s drone regulations (for recreational flyers) or in the AMA Safety Codes (FAA’s referenced CBO)......yet “Buzzy” tells us not to.....trouble Is, “Buzzy” is not supported by any regulations......
It really is ridiculous.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
I love to fly LOS at night Especially a nice cool clear night!!

Tonight I tried to fly 10 minutes before sunset, submitted through airfly and it didn't even submit it to the FAA. It said rejected at submission for flying at night. Prohibited.

If in doubt, don’t fly. That’s my MO. I am not in doubt and fly at night LOS WITH STROBE LIGHTS.

Not trying to hijack the recent discussion in this thread, but... Could those who have been posting the incredible night shots post what camera settings you are using for your nighttime pics! I'm very impressed by the pics here!

Reactions: ff22
Not trying to hijack the recent discussion in this thread, but... Could those who have been posting the incredible night shots post what camera settings you are using for your nighttime pics! I'm very impressed by the pics here!
For photos, I shoot at ISO100, F2.8, 1/2-1 second exposure. I've also shot at ISO100, F4.5 for 4-8 seconds for long exposure photos.

Night flyer here. Primarily all city shots.
As @Porky mentioned its very challenging and many more things to consider!
Walk the location during the day and become familiar with the area.

empire building.jpg
I dont have the setting for this one anymore. Was a while back with the MA.

82841611_880819849015059_5054090121184280576_o.jpg
MP2 f4.5 1.3sec ISO100

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J