DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No audio heard from playing clips?

djmp

Reactions
I had my first flight yesterday. While replaying the clips at home, I was excited but did notice that there was no sound recorded in clips :eek:. Is that normal for all mavic pro or does it suggest that my MP be defective? Is there a mic on MP?

There's no microphone on the Mavic Pro because all you would here is propeller noise.

In DJI Go there is an option to record audio from your phone or tablet's microphone with the cached video, but you would be getting the sound around you, not the drone.

Are people still asking this question........

Wow.

Search......

Oh wait...... this is why the laws are so tight around drones.

Just about anyone can fly them, and maybe they shouldn't.

Yep as above there's no mic on the Mavic as it would be drowned out by the prop noise. You can splice together the audio taken by your phone/tablet during the flight on the cached videos with the video taken by the Mavic although I don't think there's much value to that.

Most people add music or similar to their drone videos instead but your Mavic is definitely normal in that regard.

Are people still asking this question........

Wow.

Search......

Oh wait...... this is why the laws are so tight around drones.

Just about anyone can fly them, and maybe they shouldn't.

No need to be snotty. Everybody that purchases their first drone is new and learning and should be able to ask questions without being ridiculed.

One of the reasons to record sound from the phone/tablet would be for making a tutorial, or any sort of comment on the video currently recording. It depends of what kind of audio quality you expect for your narration. The microphone on smart phones is usually average at best, so if you want audio quality, you would be better off with another device near you to record anything else for that purpose.

Personally, I always record both video and sound from my phone, and keep the files for future reference and context, but not for the final product, if any. I tend to speak a lot when I fly, things like "okay, now I'm at 50m", "record time 1 minute" or "the wind is shifty", that kind of things. I state things of my surroundings to get the most of the context while the Mavic is in the air.

The microphone on smart phones is usually average at best, so if you want audio quality, you would be better off with another device near you to record anything else for that purpose.

The audio from your device can be just fine, or you can improve it a bit by using an inexpensive microphone plugged into the device.

The audio here was recorded by my iPad's built-in microphone :

That's quite a nice recording, both audio and video. What settings did you use? Can you have high ISO and avoid graininess? Did you use manual focus?

The last time I tried to record fireworks, it was an absolute disaster. Everything was blurry.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB