DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No audio on my vids

frankiez

Reactions
Am I supposed to have audio on the vids that the Mavic takes? I have seen videos that people have taken and you can hear them talking during the video even tho the Mavic is hundreds of yards away. Almost like their smartphone or the controller was recording them while the drone was up in the sky. Is it just their movie making software app they used and dubbed the sound over or is there a setting in the DJI GO4 app that I need to turn on?

Thanks in advance!

sent from my Galaxy Note4

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy Antoniou
Am I supposed to have audio on the vids that the Mavic takes?
No. The Mavic does not have a microphone. You could certainly add sound to your recorded video later using a video editor.

There is NO mic on the Mavic. The people you here is due to them using another camera device to record the mavic and their voices or done when combining videos. [emoji3]

SkyHigh Pyro Eye flying above

It's real easy to line up the audio taken from a second camera. I do it a lot. I sit in front of a dslr video camera and talk while flying, then dub the footage from both together.

I do it when I put my videos of my fireworks show together also. Then put the original soundtrack over that covering the booms. Lol

SkyHigh Pyro Eye flying above

Am I supposed to have audio on the vids that the Mavic takes? I have seen videos that people have taken and you can hear them talking during the video even tho the Mavic is hundreds of yards away. Almost like their smartphone or the controller was recording them while the drone was up in the sky. Is it just they movie making software app they used and dubbed the sound over or is there a setting in the DJI GO4 app that I need to turn on?

Thanks in advance!

sent from my Galaxy Note4
You can also easily use a screen cap app like Mobizen which requires very little tech skills and includes voice. It's better than I expected.

Reactions: john94si
Wait a minute. When I create a movie with the DJI GO 4 app, anything I was saying while piloting the drone is included, so somewhere there is sound being recorded - possibly on my phone by the DJI GO 4 app. I agree the drone itself doesn't record sound, but there is an audio file somewhere. I don't know if there is a different technique other than creating the movie to access this sound.

Reactions: tony56shooter
This is a new feature in the updated DJI GO 4 app. Note that that functionality did not exist when this thread was created.

The audio is indeed being recorded by your mobile device. You can access it in the cached video on your device.

Can you get the audio without having to create a Movie in the DJI GO 4 App? I do my editing off line, and would just like to transfer the video and data files. Maybe another way of asking the question is: What do you mean by cached video? Is this somehow separate from the regular video in the Photos on an iPhone? Thanks!

Wait a minute. When I create a movie with the DJI GO 4 app, anything I was saying while piloting the drone is included, so somewhere there is sound being recorded - possibly on my phone by the DJI GO 4 app. I agree the drone itself doesn't record sound, but there is an audio file somewhere. I don't know if there is a different technique other than creating the movie to access this sound.
What he said for me also.

On an iPhone or iPad go into settings-microphone - and see if DJI app is accessing the microphone. If it is thats why it's recording audio, you can uncheck that box so the app doesn't access your microphone. I don't know about android devices since I use iOS.

Yes, your phone records audio on your videos while you are flying the Mavic. The problem lies when you download your video card you lose that audio because it's only on your app. Does anyone know how to transfer the video and audio together so you can listen to your audio while you watch your video on your laptop or desktop?

Answer: This is the way I was able to transfer the audio file as well as the video together. Go into your DJI app editor where your videos and pics are kept. save the video you want to your phone. Use Airplay as a way to save it to your Mac and it will now play both files. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Yes, your phone records audio on your videos while you are flying the Mavic. The problem lies when you download your video card you lose that audio because it's only on your app. Does anyone know how to transfer the video and audio together so you can listen to your audio while you watch your video on your laptop or desktop?

Answer: This is the way I was able to transfer the audio file as well as the video together. Go into your DJI app editor where your videos and pics are kept. save the video you want to your phone. Use Airplay as a way to save it to your Mac and it will now play both files. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.
Remember, the video clip from your phones cache is only 720p. So if you recorded video in 4k, you'll still only get 720p from your mobile.

In post, you could combine the high res video from the bird, with the audio from the cache to get the best of both.

I find it nice to watch and listen from the cache, and it's much easier to quickly upload it when time is of the essence, but nobody wants to hear me burp, fart, and make racist comments at biting insects while the bird is a mile away looking down on a wreck or structure fire. ;)

Edit: Oops. Referenced 1080 instead of 720. Want to make sure info is correct.

Last edited:
Reactions: flyinggaucho
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas