DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No change but now connection issues? Desperate for help!

pMak26

Reactions
Put the drone away last year around winter time after many successful flights. This year, get everything out, charge everything back up and I am having major connection issues.

Drone is a Mavic Pro
My phone is a OnePlus5t (with AT&T service if that matters).

First, the drone will not pair with the RC in Wifi mode. However, it WILL pair with the RC if the drone is set in RC mode only (but then obviously my OnePlus5t phone does not connect to the drone).

When in Wifi mode on the drone, the RC sits in "connecting...", never changing or actually connecting. I cannot perform the pairing sequence and have a successful pairing of the drone and the RC in any mode. I cannot pair the RC as primary or secondary.

Everything says it is the latest firmware:
Aircraft: N/A because I can't connect to it.
RC: 01.04.0500
Precise Fly Safe Database: 01.00.01.14
Basic Fly Safe Database: 01.00.01.09

I have tried multiple cables, batteries, deleting and re-downloading the app. I even tried connecting with an iPhone on Verzion service. Nothing has worked.

I was even able to accidentally connect to the drone via the OnePlus5t phone only. Which I've never done before and did not want to try to fly it via just the phone, but it looked possible.

I tried to download the DJI Assistant 2 app on my PC but that seems to be an utter fail as well.

I desperately want to resolve this issue quickly as I have several events coming up which I was planning on using this drone for. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Put the drone away last year around winter time after many successful flights. This year, get everything out, charge everything back up and I am having major connection issues.

Drone is a Mavic Pro
My phone is a OnePlus5t (with AT&T service if that matters).

First, the drone will not pair with the RC in Wifi mode. However, it WILL pair with the RC if the drone is set in RC mode only (but then obviously my OnePlus5t phone does not connect to the drone).

When in Wifi mode on the drone, the RC sits in "connecting...", never changing or actually connecting. I cannot perform the pairing sequence and have a successful pairing of the drone and the RC in any mode. I cannot pair the RC as primary or secondary.

Everything says it is the latest firmware:
Aircraft: N/A because I can't connect to it.
RC: 01.04.0500
Precise Fly Safe Database: 01.00.01.14
Basic Fly Safe Database: 01.00.01.09

I have tried multiple cables, batteries, deleting and re-downloading the app. I even tried connecting with an iPhone on Verzion service. Nothing has worked.

I was even able to accidentally connect to the drone via the OnePlus5t phone only. Which I've never done before and did not want to try to fly it via just the phone, but it looked possible.

I tried to download the DJI Assistant 2 app on my PC but that seems to be an utter fail as well.

I desperately want to resolve this issue quickly as I have several events coming up which I was planning on using this drone for. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Well the RC mode is for connecting the drone to the “RC” and the “Wi-Fi” mode is for connecting to the phone via Wi-Fi.

Now when you connect the RC in “RC” mode you then connect your phone to the RC via USB cable.

1) Connect phone to RC via USB
2) Turn on RC.
3) let RC and Phone connect to each other (can take a few secs) the remote will vibrate and your phone will open DJI Go 4.
4) your phone will ask if you always want to open DJI Go 4 when connected to this device. Yes is fine

5) turn on drone. It will flash red, yellow green a bunch of times while it starts up and then flash yellow which means it’s looking for the remote. Give it a few secs to find the remote.

6) Wait for the Drone to find GPS signal if it hasn’t already. DJI Go 4 status bar at the top will be green

7) boom? you are ready to fly

8) Brett walks off with a ? drop

Brett,
Thank you very much for the reply!
When I do exactly what you're step by step guide says to do, the phone only shows 'disconnected'. It never shows 'ready to fly'.

Brett,
Thank you very much for the reply!
When I do exactly what you're step by step guide says to do, the phone only shows 'disconnected'. It never shows 'ready to fly'.

Does the remote say say that it’s connected or does it continuously say connecting?

If it’s just the phone having trouble connecting then try using a different cord. It needs to be a high quality cord to connect

Reactions: WAXMAN
In RC mode on the drone, the remote is connected, but the phone is not. I have several cords (of course OEM cords for the phones, not ebay junk) I have tried as well as two different phones (android OnePlus5t and an iphone).

In RC mode on the drone, the remote is connected, but the phone is not. I have several cords (of course OEM cords for the phones, not ebay junk) I have tried as well as two different phones (android OnePlus5t and an iphone).

Which USB port are you using? If you are using the USB A port which is on the bottom of the remote then you have to remove anything that’s attached to the Micro USB port that’s on the side

I am sure you'll overcome the connection problem with help from the forum.
On a lighter note, how did you manage to not fly it for that long? :p

Hah yeah I hadn't flow in about 3 months and have been itching to do so, hence the massive disappointment when I couldn't. Wasted a trip to the park with my little cousin (and his disappointment too!).

Anyway, after a bunch of mucking about, and do to a suggestion I read here: Thread
I went through my settings on the account in the iphone. I did not change anything, simply reconfirmed my account email and info. Now I am able to fly with the iphone. However, no such luck for the android.

After more research I see loads of other android users with the same complaint. This is clearly a software issue and DJI should be ashamed of themselves. It's not like this is a cheap hobbiest drone. This is s serious piece of kit and DJI should be focused on supporting or at least not alienating a large percentage of their current market by focusing on iphone connections and leaving the android users to flounder.

Does anyone know if there is another firmware update planned to fix this issue they created for the android market this year?

Hmm, I can't explain why this worked, but I sat in the DJI app and clicked on every single item. Anything I could click on, type through, or select, I did. Now, it is able to connect with my android as well.

I don't know what the issue is/was, and I assume I'll have connection issues again, but at least I had a good time flying today.

Reactions: Slade
Hmm, I can't explain why this worked, but I sat in the DJI app and clicked on every single item. Anything I could click on, type through, or select, I did. Now, it is able to connect with my android as well.

I don't know what the issue is/was, and I assume I'll have connection issues again, but at least I had a good time flying today.
Nahh the magic spell I used is what did it?.

But seriously don’t do it now while it’s working but if you have issues again go to android settings>
About>
Software>
Build>
Click build 7 times>

If it asks you if you want developer options click yes, it may just do it automatically >

But back to the main settings and now you’ll see the super secret menu>

Turn on or off “USB debugging” which ever is the opposite of the way it was before.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu