DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No choice but to update

Blucenturion

Reactions
Yesterday while running 0400, and 2,000 ft over the Pacific Ocean, in Airplane Mode, my video changed to the splash screen of DJI GO 4 App, "Firmware Update Required" in upper left, and the "Go Fly" in bottom right. I hit that of course, and continued the flight to termination.

This morning, in Airplane Mode, I launched the App, and was required to sign in with password. I complied, and was advised about the Firmware Update. I began it; there's no way to beat this system. At any rate I'm not smart enough to do so. Can't fight city hall.

You'd not be required to update the Go app to your current version that requires you to sign in or update the firmware at that time. Though, the wording makes it appear that you'd need to do so.

Reactions: Drone Master
Yes, I am still on .500 and got that message yesterday "Update Required" but just ignored it, I am waiting to see the outcome of the next FW update on those who updated the go app to 4.0.1

No problems with .400 and 4.0.4 IOS App.

Rob

I also get the "update required " notice but just ignore it,as stated above, have had no problems remaining on .400 fw and 4.08 app on iOS. But my android did auto update on me so will not be using it to fly,it is a smaller device and crashed all the time anyway.

Reactions: emilford
It was the requirement to sign in, completely out of the blue, that let me know they know about me and that I'm active. This, even though I've been in Stealth Mode, Airplane Mode, that is. I could foresee being forced to do the inevitable, or at least imagined it.

IOS 4.0.8. A fact I forgot to mention;

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 6.25.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 6.25.05 PM.png
    347.3 KB · Views: 59
I would update FW/app/anything every time without hesitation, im just worried that they will restrict it somehow and I won't be able to fly in my city anymore....

I don't want to have to return the thing... I love it... Haven't even went past 2500 ft distance yet...

The latest update is problem free. Stop driving yourselves crazy. With every update there are fixes and little additions. You will never beat them in the end so why not just enjoy the ride. Trust me, DJI is not going to do anything they aren't forced to do and jeopardize their brand.

Reactions: Cerberus
I flew it after the update, and if anything it flies better. To NaiveFlight, that is the exact issue that concerns the doubters, and it did me for a while. If all the portents of doom come to pass, I'll simply move to Mexico.

The latest update is problem free. Stop driving yourselves crazy. With every update there are fixes and little additions. You will never beat them in the end so why not just enjoy the ride. Trust me, DJI is not going to do anything they aren't forced to do and jeopardize their brand.
I agree with the don't go crazy, but I am not so sure that DJI may try to out think the perceived issues with drones and build in too many restrictions, so far they have not crippled my drone...

Are you guys referring to the new DJI Go app update or the firmware update? I am still running the old version of DJI Go and the .400 firmware. Can I update just the Go app and leave the firmware the same? My Google Playstore keeps popping up that the DJI Go app has an update but I keep ignoring it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom