DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"No flight zone" message. Unable to take off...

Romario1972

Reactions
Hi guys,
I have a problem. There is a 3 "airports" around me.
bd9285e18b4cbee4c879899daa6122f7.jpg

The problem is that closest "airport" now is the huge parking of new cars:
905f6793e0d7eb8946b3e6842f310e32.jpg

Another one definitely have No control tower and mostly used as racetrack and , as previous one, as parking...
b99a44dae73fd4f81b8722b0dd0f4532.jpg

That's not a problem the last one- it's no flight zone finished exactly after my home building.
When I'm trying to take off, I've got a message "No Flight Zone. Can't take off."
The question is: how I can fly in the park near me?
Who to contact?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

You can submit errors to DJI, there's a link on their site somewhere in the GEO pages.

Waste of time contacting DJI, I tried and never got a response, apart from the auto message saying they would get back to me.

I turned off the GEO and it worked fine. Can now fly at the local disused airport.

It's in general settings, near the bottom of the menu you will see GEO system. turning that off disables it.
Thank you! I'll go look for that. I wonder if that turns off the warnings too?

Are you guys saying that simply turning off the GEO option would allow the MP to fly in completely restricted areas (i.e. Walt Disney's permanent NFZ/TFR)?

Reactions: Chickenskat
Are you guys saying that simply turning off the GEO option would allow the MP to fly in completely restricted areas (i.e. Walt Disney's permanent NFZ/TFR)?

Cannot say for sure as I dont have a NFZ anywhere near me but turning GEO off stopped warnings of local airports

I do not know what is the effect of turning GEO off: in my case it didn't stop the app from giving me alerts such as "You're flying in a class D airspace, fly with caution" just as it did before. Moreover, where it used to ask me if I had permission to fly (the window with the 2 checkboxes to check in order to get the Confirm button), all is remained the same. So, I really ignore the effects of turning GEO off

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J