DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No Fly Zone - but I just flew here last week

rlmv

Reactions
Newbie here with a Mavic Air. I have a park 1/4 mile from my house where I flew several times last week. But earlier today I went to the same location, setup the drone and it said "Cannot take of in a no-fly zone". I looked on DJI's map and don't see any limitations where I'm at. Similarly Kittyhawk doesn't show anything either. There was a huge fire ~7 miles from here, but the fire was burning last week as well and actually moved further away. I did update the firmware which updated the NFZ, so I'm wondering if that did something. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I would downgrade the firmware and try again if I were you.

I don’t think firmware and NFZ are linked
NFZ seems to be a forced update after firmware

I have however had “updating NFZ” messages between firmware updates

So downgrade I suspect will not get you around this

They can also create a temp NFZ which is what it sounds like here. You may have to wait out the expiry on the NFZ as I suspect this was a temp one added.

I thought a temp nfz would be caused by the fire but I didn’t see anything on the DJI site. Is there another place I should be looking?

Is there a way to force a nfz update? I did refresh the firmware but no change.

I thought a temp nfz would be caused by the fire but I didn’t see anything on the DJI site. Is there another place I should be looking?

Is there a way to force a nfz update? I did refresh the firmware but no change.

In the U.K. we use the ‘NATs’. App. I think there is something similar in other countries.
I noticed one day that I was in a NFZ yet previous day I wasn’t and when I looked on NATs, it showed a temp NFZ due to low flying aircraft passing through on their way to air shows. For some reason I can’t download photos of the app on here.

I checked on both Kittyhawk and Airmap and I'm well outside of the fire hazard area. There's nothing on the FAA TFR about it. Here's what I checked - TFR Data Elements My zip is 92692. Will try again today to see if it was just a fluke.

Update: So the good news is it didn't give me a warning today. I did update the compass before flying so not sure if that was it. But the bad news is I tried Boomerang and it went into a tree and stopped. Luckily I was able to still fly it out and it came away dirty, but seems fine after cleaning. How should I check to make sure nothing was damaged? The other weird thing was I tried Active Tracking, and put the box around my son. It was flying around 15 ft in the air and seemingly did a nose dive towards him. It came pretty close and I had to take over control to bail up. Any ideas what could've happened there?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne