DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No fly zone

Mikep2323

Reactions
So I live in NJ and there is a golf course that's pretty far from me that Trump comes to play golf at. Usually when he comes there you here the fighter jets flying around the area. I went to go fly in my backyard and take some pics of my daughter jumping in the pool and something popped up saying no fly zone and I couldn't start it up. I clicked on the warning and it said something about a VIP in the area and I saw someone post something that Trump was at the golf course so it kinda made sense why I couldn't start it up.
After clicking on something I was able to put in my phone number and I got a text with a verification number that I then put into the app and I was able to fly. It was just limited and it said I couldn't go further the 1640 feet from the home point. My question is does something like this always happen when your in a no fly zone? Normally if I'm in one I don't even bother trying to start it up. Thanks

you can add an exception, but it is on you if things go bad.

did you look at the FAA website for TFR's?

just because DJI lets you unlock does not mean you can fly

when the POTUS travels, a good chunk of airspace gets locked down.

Airports get shut down because we can't fly in or out of them,

No pilots may operate an aircraft in the areas covered by this NOTAM (except as described).

Except as specified below and/or unless authorized by ATC in consultation with the air traffic security coordinator via the domestic events network (DEN):

A. All aircraft operations within the 10 NMR area(s) listed above, known as the inner core(s), are prohibited except for: Approved law enforcement, military aircraft directly supporting the United States Secret Service (USSS) and the office of the President of the United States, approved air ambulance flights, and regularly scheduled commercial passenger and all-cargo carriers operating under one of the following TSA-Approved standard security programs/procedures: aircraft operator standard security program (AOSSP), full all-cargo aircraft operator standard security program (FACAOSSP), model security program (MSP), twelve five standard security program (TFSSP) all cargo, or all-cargo international security procedure (ACISP) and are arriving into and/or departing from 14 cfr part 139 airports. All emergency/life saving flight (medical/law enforcement/firefighting) operations must coordinate with ATC prior to their departure at 516-683-2966 to avoid potential delays.

B. For operations within the airspace between the 10 nmr and 30 nmr area(s) listed above, known as the outer ring(s): THE New York Class B airspace Hudson River SFRA Exclusion and East River SFRA Exclusion, 14 CFR 93.350(d), IS EXCLUDED FROM THE RESTRICTIONS IN THIS TFR. All OTHER aircraft operating within the outer ring(s) listed above are limited to aircraft arriving or departing local airfields, and workload permitting, ATC may authorize transit operations. Aircraft may not loiter. All aircraft must be on an active IFR or a filed VFR flight plan with a discrete code assigned by an air traffic control (ATC) facility. Aircraft must be squawking the discrete code prior to departure and at all times while in the TFR and must remain in two-way radio communications with ATC.

C. The following operations are not authorized within this TFR: flight training, practice instrument approaches, aerobatic flight, glider operations, parachute operations, ultralight, hang gliding, balloon operations, agriculture/crop dusting, animal population control flight operations, banner towing operations, sightseeing operations, maintenance test flights, model aircraft operations, model rocketry, unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), and utility and pipeline survey operations.

D. FAA recommends that all aircraft operators check notams frequently for possible changes to this TFR prior to operations within this region.

tile_8_4.jpg

you can add an exception, but it is on you if things go bad.

did you look at the FAA website for TFR's?

just because DJI lets you unlock does not mean you can fly

when the POTUS travels, a good chunk of airspace gets locked down.

Airports get shut down because we can't fly in or out of them,

No pilots may operate an aircraft in the areas covered by this NOTAM (except as described).

Except as specified below and/or unless authorized by ATC in consultation with the air traffic security coordinator via the domestic events network (DEN):

A. All aircraft operations within the 10 NMR area(s) listed above, known as the inner core(s), are prohibited except for: Approved law enforcement, military aircraft directly supporting the United States Secret Service (USSS) and the office of the President of the United States, approved air ambulance flights, and regularly scheduled commercial passenger and all-cargo carriers operating under one of the following TSA-Approved standard security programs/procedures: aircraft operator standard security program (AOSSP), full all-cargo aircraft operator standard security program (FACAOSSP), model security program (MSP), twelve five standard security program (TFSSP) all cargo, or all-cargo international security procedure (ACISP) and are arriving into and/or departing from 14 cfr part 139 airports. All emergency/life saving flight (medical/law enforcement/firefighting) operations must coordinate with ATC prior to their departure at 516-683-2966 to avoid potential delays.

B. For operations within the airspace between the 10 nmr and 30 nmr area(s) listed above, known as the outer ring(s): THE New York Class B airspace Hudson River SFRA Exclusion and East River SFRA Exclusion, 14 CFR 93.350(d), IS EXCLUDED FROM THE RESTRICTIONS IN THIS TFR. All OTHER aircraft operating within the outer ring(s) listed above are limited to aircraft arriving or departing local airfields, and workload permitting, ATC may authorize transit operations. Aircraft may not loiter. All aircraft must be on an active IFR or a filed VFR flight plan with a discrete code assigned by an air traffic control (ATC) facility. Aircraft must be squawking the discrete code prior to departure and at all times while in the TFR and must remain in two-way radio communications with ATC.

C. The following operations are not authorized within this TFR: flight training, practice instrument approaches, aerobatic flight, glider operations, parachute operations, ultralight, hang gliding, balloon operations, agriculture/crop dusting, animal population control flight operations, banner towing operations, sightseeing operations, maintenance test flights, model aircraft operations, model rocketry, unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), and utility and pipeline survey operations.

D. FAA recommends that all aircraft operators check notams frequently for possible changes to this TFR prior to operations within this region.

tile_8_4.jpg
Thanks for the breakdown,I understand now.

Secret service will shoot it down if it gets near their own protective barrier. Hopefully your backyard is far enough away.

Same thing happened to me when I tried to fly my drone wouldn’t start. The remote said NFZ and I started wondering why because I always fly at most in the same area with no problems, then I looked at my Airmap app and there it was VIP movement. Then I remembered POTUS was here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000