DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No Fly Zones

Reactions
So I just got my drone - have never flown it. Does the size of the airport make a difference for NFZ’s? The one I’m near only has small single engine planes.

If it’s a functioning air field, you’ll be dealing with an NFZ. I believe that the list comes from tha FAA. You can always check to see if it’s on DJIs site as an NFZ.

So I just got my drone - have never flown it. Does the size of the airport make a difference for NFZ’s? The one I’m near only has small single engine planes.

With lives on board. :) I’m sure there’s a reason for it. DisneyWorld is a no fly zone.

Yes. Just follow the link and you will be prompted for the information.

The airport near me is in green. Controller will still operate there, just give a warning- correct? As long as I have airport approval I should be good to go?

Yes. Notifying the airport is the best step you can take.

I have 2 Life Flight Heliports at hospitals within 5 miles of me. I sent them both letters with intent to fly and then received a follow up call. I provided my cellphone number and we agreed that they would text me if any inbound or outbound flights may cause a temporary no fly restriction.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dozerdan