DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No Fly zones

Reactions
Hello, I am new to drone flying and have found it fantastic so far. One thing I am sure you can help with and please forgive my very basic question. I live in a town in the UK near the edge of a restricted area due to airport. Does this mean this is absolutely no flying or is it OK to operate just to something like 20 feet just to get a raised photo? Sorry if this is a daft question but I have struggled to find the answer

Hello, I am new to drone flying and have found it fantastic so far. One thing I am sure you can help with and please forgive my very basic question. I live in a town in the UK near the edge of a restricted area due to airport. Does this mean this is absolutely no flying or is it OK to operate just to something like 20 feet just to get a raised photo? Sorry if this is a daft question but I have struggled to find the answer

Hey there,

I think this link may provide some information...

Unmanned aircraft and drones | UK Civil Aviation Authority

I found this paragraph in here

Indoor use

The applicability of the regulations with regard to flights within buildings has been clarified recently. Under the CAA Act 1982, the Air Navigation Order is made for the purposes of regulating air navigation. Flights inside buildings have nothing to do with air navigation because they can have no effect on flights by aircraft in the open air. As a result, flights within buildings, or within areas where there is no possibility for the unmanned aircraft to ‘escape’ into the open air (such as a ‘closed’ netted structure) are not subject to air navigation legislation. Persons intending to operate drones indoors should refer to the appropriate Health and Safety At Work regulations.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Also check out the links below, UAV forecast. Brilliant app which also tells you where all the airports & boundary’s are plus weather details. Also I use NATS drone assist again another app you should download, only for the UK which is ideal for you.
Safety Apps - Dronesafe
UAV Forecast

Also NaTs Drone assist app is great for uk .. if u are on edge of a restricted area just move away as much as u can .. but u are not in a restricted area if you are 20 feet away from it .. if you are very concerned or inexperienced fly with a spotter

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralph.smith.mckenzie@gmai