DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NO flying in india

paul r

Reactions
came to india on holiday 6 weeks ago with my mp no problems at customs.havent flown it here, i checked on the internet and you need police permission and register your drone.and a special number for your drone.and the operator of the drone has to be indian.so will i be ok taking it back to the uk?

came to india on holiday 6 weeks ago with my mp no problems at customs.havent flown it here, i checked on the internet and you need police permission and register your drone.and a special number for your drone.and the operator of the drone has to be indian.so will i be ok taking it back to the uk?
That's quite sad. Is that a new rule? I was able to fly drones there before without any problem(late 2015 or early 2016 I forgot the exact date).

Reactions: paul r
I'm sure you will be fine, there is no law against owning or being in possession of a drone. If you do fly just be sure to not have your SD card with your drone. Put it in checked luggage and carry on your drone.

And make sure you have a nice wedge of cash on you. It is amazing how many problems in India can be solved with money :)

You should be fine taking it back. Drones are allowed in India from Dec 1, 2018 but the registration process is still evolving.

You should be fine taking it back. Drones are allowed in India from Dec 1, 2018 but the registration process is still evolving.

I heard that too but it would be great if you can share the link about that. And do you have any idea where I can go for the registration process?. Tq

I went through the custom at Delhi Airport today. There was a queue line-up at Green Channel for scanning luggages. Besides, a sign showed that drone/UAV are prohibited /restricted for import. For peace of mind, I didn’t take the risk and left my Mavic 2 Pro safely at home.

Attachments

• B044CD32-2D08-4CE8-85C1-0A34BA5AEBE7.jpeg
    B044CD32-2D08-4CE8-85C1-0A34BA5AEBE7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
I went through the custom at Delhi Airport today. There was a queue line-up at Green Channel for scanning luggages. Besides, a sign showed that drone/UAV are prohibited /restricted for import. For peace of mind, I didn’t take the risk and left my Mavic 2 Pro safely at home.

Very open to interpretation.
Importing means bringing in for reselling (or perhaps personal ownership if living there) normally, but then they list obviously illegal items like firearms, drugs, etc.

So this could be items banned for personal use, and if so it's a very draconian step backward in policy for India.
I wonder if you have this registration thing in place mentioned in posts above, you can bypass this ?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661