DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

no many of these left

Cracker shot!!
Yeah, I used to love the Drive-in!!
Sneak a few mates in the 'trunk'...
Or back up ya panel van and.................. watch the movie.......(what movie?)

There was certainly an era growing up where the drive in was so cool.
We still have one in SA still running, maybe 2, not sure, but both are too far for us.

The local one at O'Halloran Hill closed back in 1984, it's still there for now, but totally derelict.
The land would be worth a small fortune !!

One of my first Mavic Pro flights (MP my first drone too) was up there and got a bit of footage and photos of the old site.

DJI_0040lr.jpg

There was certainly an era growing up where the drive in was so cool.
We still have one in SA still running, maybe 2, not sure, but both are too far for us.

The local one at O'Halloran Hill closed back in 1984, it's still there for now, but totally derelict.
The land would be worth a small fortune !!

One of my first Mavic Pro flights (MP my first drone too) was up there and got a bit of footage and photos of the old site.

View attachment 69547
An icon going to waste!

Reactions: Chappy
Beautiful shot of an bygone era,there are a few still getting regular usage over here in WA.
The small mining towns of Tom price & Paraburdoo still have regular screenings,unsure about Port Hedland or Karratha tho’

An icon going to waste!

Indeed !
There is / was a Facebook group active on this reopening (totally stalled for years now), and despite some loose words form the current land owner, it is just not viable to spend the $ to get it operational again.
Sad, but the land will one day make the landowner and his descendants very well off in retirement.

Beautiful shot of an bygone era, there are a few still getting regular usage over here in WA.
The small mining towns of Tom price & Paraburdoo still have regular screenings,unsure about Port Hedland or Karratha tho’

Like seeing the old drive ins and outdoor sit down theatres in the Aussie outback.
There are a few around like this one in Oodnadatta on the Oodnadatta Track in South Australia.

P5116541lr.jpg

Reactions: Chappy
Indeed !
There is / was a Facebook group active on this reopening (totally stalled for years now), and despite some loose words form the current land owner, it is just not viable to spend the $ to get it operational again.
Sad, but the land will one day make the landowner and his descendants very well off in retirement.

Like seeing the old drive ins and outdoor sit down theatres in the Aussie outback.
There are a few around like this one in Oodnadatta on the Oodnadatta Track in South Australia.

View attachment 69630
That is awesome,imangine watching 2001 a space odyssey out there in big sky country or Wolf Creek!.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki