DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No Mavic 3 in 2020!

who cares about DJI 3, unless they remove the geo fencing, then i will listen, Until then (deleted by moderator) DJI 3

Well that will definitely shut DJI down . . .

Reactions: Maviac
The Mavic 2 is what, a year and a half old? It doesn't really make any business sense for them to release a 3rd version until at least later this year or more likely next year. The business model is not quite like smartphones, where you have a huge user base who will upgrade based on incremental improvements. The next Mavic model will need to have significant improvements to generate a lot of sales. I'm glad to see Autel and others making advances that will push DJI to do the same, but I'd be shocked to see a new Mavic Pro before fall.

Now, the Mavic Air could be due for an upgrade any day now....

Well, that’s a little rude either way....

But, heres some info on the change in EU/UK regulations...

From July this year the new EASA regulations covering the. EU and the UK will affect anyone wanting to carry out operations that would want to fly at distances closer than the current laws covering what will become former recreational operations.

Those wishing to operate at close distances to people (less than 150m) will need a A2 CotC qualification. A2 Certificate of Competency (A2 CofC) Drone Course

Current DJI drones will be classed as legacy craft, and will not be able to fly for 'close' operations after July 2022.

After which, DJI will need to add the following to their drones to ensure they're compliant for those wishing to fly under A2 CofC:

- noise limitations (I'm not sure to what level)
- a remote ID
- a form of geo awareness
- a low-speed mode which limits the maximum speed of the aircraft to 3 m/s (approx 6.7 mph), which has to be operable by a switch/button on the remote

So, knowing all of this - who is going to invest in a new drone in the EU or UK prior to 2022 knowing that it’s resale value will drop dramatically as it won’t be compliant for any decent purpose after 2022.

This info is available here A2 Certificate of Competency (A2 CofC) Drone Course

And, numerous other sites.

That's why I'm holding back on buying a new drone unless it's certified to fly in A2.

Reactions: Lastrexking
More the reason I'm looking at the Autel Evo 2... I was hoping DJI might be on Autel's heels, but maybe not if his source is correct... or maybe they did have an M3 intended for 2020 but saw the Evo 2 and went back to the drawing board?
Yup I believe DJI went back.to the drawing board. If they are smart they will include swappable cameras with the M3. No need for them.to rush, competition is out and all they can do is make a better drone at this point.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor