Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No Mavic 3 in 2020!

Drone Master

Rest In Peace, Fellow Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Reactions: Thomas B
My source tells me that his source tells him that.....Really. That sounds pretty factual. Come on.
It is obvious isn’t it? The more sources the better right? Do you think anything otherwise? A source is a source non the less.
If we see a M3 in 2021, It will be the bad boy we’ve been waiting for.

More the reason I'm looking at the Autel Evo 2... I was hoping DJI might be on Autel's heels, but maybe not if his source is correct... or maybe they did have an M3 intended for 2020 but saw the Evo 2 and went back to the drawing board?

More the reason I'm looking at the Autel Evo 2... I was hoping DJI might be on Autel's heels, but maybe not if his source is correct... or maybe they did have an M3 intended for 2020 but saw the Evo 2 and went back to the drawing board?

Do you think you will get a Evo 2 in 2020 ? ( I would not be that sure if you want the 6K version at least )

Foxconn is back on-line in Shenzhen, they have several hundred thousand employees. The DJI factory is pretty much next door so safe assumption they are up and running also.
Your Right, I Just Spoke To My GEPRC Drones Rep In China For About 2 Hours, He Just Got Back To Work Today. He Said Their Extremely Backed Up, Orders Are Gradually Shipping, Slowly Coming Back Online... Thank God, Prayers For All Of Us On Earth, We All Need It ...Amen...

So no new drone from dji this year? No mavic,spark,mavic air?

I find this hard to believe. Given the changes in EU and UK laws that come in July this years the current fleet of DJI drones will be useless for commercial purposes after July 2022. DJI

in July this years the current fleet of DJI drones will be useless for commercial purposes after July 2022.
I find that hard to believe. Either you are being over dramatic or have misinterpreted the proposed legislation.

Are you referring to a particular commercial operation?

I find that hard to believe. Either you are being over dramatic or have misinterpreted the proposed legislation.

He's referring to the FAA's NPRM on Remote ID.

I think that a FW update will possibly bring DJI aircraft into some level of compliance.

Solutions For The Drone Age: DJI Drone-To-Phone Broadcast Remote ID

Reactions: Thomas B
dji is still closed.....

My Assumption (not fact)
China totally misrepresenting the magnitude of the crisis. Every factory we speak to "oh its not that bad here, 2 more weeks and we will be back up...the Chinese government is amazing and handling the crisis so efficiently". Being all communication goes through a filter they selling the narrative of President Xi Jinping. Wouldn't be surprised if the number infected is tenfold.Think about it 46 million people in quarantine as of feb 3rd that's like the whole state of California. I'm guessing the true number in quarantine is upward of 100 million people. Wish there were more facts here but the communist filter totally blocks out any outside media

Lets see what happens and hope for the best

Well, that’s a little rude either way....

But, heres some info on the change in EU/UK regulations...

From July this year the new EASA regulations covering the. EU and the UK will affect anyone wanting to carry out operations that would want to fly at distances closer than the current laws covering what will become former recreational operations.

Those wishing to operate at close distances to people (less than 150m) will need a A2 CotC qualification. A2 Certificate of Competency (A2 CofC) Drone Course

Current DJI drones will be classed as legacy craft, and will not be able to fly for 'close' operations after July 2022.

After which, DJI will need to add the following to their drones to ensure they're compliant for those wishing to fly under A2 CofC:

- noise limitations (I'm not sure to what level)
- a remote ID
- a form of geo awareness
- a low-speed mode which limits the maximum speed of the aircraft to 3 m/s (approx 6.7 mph), which has to be operable by a switch/button on the remote

So, knowing all of this - who is going to invest in a new drone in the EU or UK prior to 2022 knowing that it’s resale value will drop dramatically as it won’t be compliant for any decent purpose after 2022.

This info is available here A2 Certificate of Competency (A2 CofC) Drone Course

And, numerous other sites.

Last edited:
He's referring to the FAA's NPRM on Remote ID.

I think that a FW update will possibly bring DJI aircraft into some level of compliance.

Solutions For The Drone Age: DJI Drone-To-Phone Broadcast Remote ID

Nope ? The FAA don’t cover the EU and the UK, so no - I’m not referring to those at all.

Reactions: Ex Coelis
who cares about DJI 3, unless they remove the geo fencing, then i will listen, Until then?

Evo 2 is the next King in the sky to take over.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer