DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone not landing in hand anymore

pilifida

Reactions
Hello, all.
I have an air 2s since it first appeared and i always hand catched it. Usually when pressing full downwards joystick, it took the bird 2 sec to realise that it.s gonna land because of the downwards sensors. But now, in the last months i noticed that it won.t do that anymore. No matter how much i keep the joystick pressed, it just won.t land in my hand anymore. I also tried bringing the bird as close to my hand as possible: yesterday i put my hand underneath it, like 20 centimeters away, and i had no chance landing it into my hand.
Is there a setting that i missed or something? It.s really disturbing, i got used to hand catch my drones since years ago when i had a phantom 3 standard. Is there a fix to this? A missed setting, or a strange update that won't let the drone land? Thx

I’m no expert with DJI drones, but I would suggest doing a calibration of the RC controller. It sounds like it is not sensing the throttle being in the full down position allowing the hand landing to take place.

Is there a chance you got caught in the Rain, as that sensor might have burned out. the quick fix is land in sport mode in your hand but its going to come down quicker .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water.

Reactions: Xitor
I’m no expert with DJI drones, but I would suggest doing a calibration of the RC controller. It sounds like it is not sensing the throttle being in the full down position allowing the hand landing to take place.
If i land it on terrain, not in my hand it works flawlessly

Hopefully it.s attached despite me not seeing it on my android chrome browser

Sometimes my A2S is stubborn about landing in my hand. Sometimes I release the stick and pull down again and it will come down. Sometimes pulling my hand away and then putting it back under the drone helps. One time I switched to sport mode.

Reactions: pilifida
I have a two-year old Mavic 2 Air. During manual landings to my hand with stick all the way down, the drone will sense my hand and hold (I have obstacles set to "hold") I return the stick to neutral and then again stick down and it usually takes a few seconds and I hear an audible "Landing" announcement from the controller and then it will settle into my hand.

Perhaps check your obstacle avoidance setting.

I have a two-year old Mavic 2 Air. During manual landings to my hand with stick all the way down, the drone will sense my hand and hold (I have obstacles set to "hold") I return the stick to neutral and then again stick down and it usually takes a few seconds and I hear an audible "Landing" announcement from the controller and then it will settle into my hand.

Perhaps check your obstacle avoidance setting.
That is how i previously did it. Now it will not land ...

I cannot realise what is too be seen from the log. I can only confirmed that from 4:10 i tried landing in hand and only at 4:30 the drone started to land when i got my hand out of her way 😅

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I don't have an Air 2s, for the Mini 4 pro it's a setting called "Vision Positioning and Obstacle Sensing" under "Advanced Safety Settings".
Turn it off just before landing.

( If I remember correctly "Landing Protection" is a setting in DJI GO(4) & Litchi)

Reactions: pilifida
I don't have an Air 2s, for the Mini 4 pro it's a setting called "Vision Positioning and Obstacle Sensing" under "Advanced Safety Settings".
Turn it off just before landin
Turn it off just before landing.
Thx. It should be the same as the app is the same :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J