DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No more 2 or 3 second times shots?

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Looked around and I seem to be limited to 5 second timed shots... this really puts a damper in doing manual timelapses....

Anyone else figure a way around this? The 5 second delay between shots just isnt gona work for me.

• Sad
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Slight clarification, it appears this only impacts 48 megapile shots, the 12 MP still has the 2, 3 second intervals. Not as bad but still annoying.

Is the Mavic 3 series any different?

Like could they have more powerful processors so that it can take more frequent high-resolution shots?

@VenomXts its probably because of the time it takes to process the 48mp shots and store them
Exactly. Four times the file size takes 4x as long to process and 4x as long to write to the microSD card, increasing the minimum shot interval time! Very similar to how sophisticated video like HDR limits the 4K frame rate to 30fps instead of 60fps.

Is the Mavic 3 series any different?

Like could they have more powerful processors so that it can take more frequent high-resolution shots?
I've never done timed shots or a hyperlapse with the 48MP camera on the 3 Pro, but doing bracketed shots with the 3x camera in 48MP mode takes FOREVER. So my guess is that you have to use 12MP mode even on the 3 Pro.

Reactions: VenomXts
@VenomXts its probably because of the time it takes to process the 48mp shots and store them

Yup. In fact I suspect it takes more than 4x as long, as the demosaicing is more complex and compute-intensive per pixel.

My guess was that the 5 second limit was to prevent any attempt to do mapping with the consumer drones. With a 2 second interval you could manually fly a mission and get pretty good results but with 5 seconds that is not even practical.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4