DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No more updates for Mavic Pro?

I'm glad to say that Mavic 2 does NOT suffer from tilting horizon. Barely, anyway.

With older DJI Quads I noticed that the tilt usually happens after a slow panning movement. Extremely careful calibration of the IMU, making sure your Quad is extremely flat, can minimize the horizon tilt problem. But don't go calibrating your IMU if you don't have the tilt to start with,

All good suggestions that have been done with no solution.
OOPS, just had a thought, if the tilt problem is linked to a Go 4 update, has anyone tried Litchi to see if the problem continues?
I don't have litchi myself but would be happy to buy it if that was a fix. If you or someone you know has Litchi, give it a shot and let us know.
We are specifically looking for the horizon to stay level as we yaw the aircraft left or right, not tilt and then try to recover but never get there. I know my Mav used to do this correctly and started this crap early to mid summer.

I have the horizon tilt “lag” when yawing left or right. I also have litchi so will try to test it today and report back.

Think we are stuck with that along with the no-fly update required, no matter how many time you update it.
Thanks for the Go4 lead. Anyone else noticed this link between horizon tilt and Go 4. The problem has been around long enough and talked about enough that something should have been done or someone should have figured out the cause. Troubling to find it on all their consumer product including Mav 2 perchance?
I have had this problem. Did not know what caused it....

Seems to have been a while since my last firmware update notice. Since before Mavic 2 release actually. Have they abandoned the 1 this quickly? Still awaiting a firmware fix for the horizon tilt issue that seems to have started with a previous firmware update. Lots of useful no fly updates.
I finally found out that a geosys update caused the firmware in my drone to get confused. No more updates yahooo.

All good suggestions that have been done with no solution.
OOPS, just had a thought, if the tilt problem is linked to a Go 4 update, has anyone tried Litchi to see if the problem continues?
I don't have litchi myself but would be happy to buy it if that was a fix. If you or someone you know has Litchi, give it a shot and let us know.
We are specifically looking for the horizon to stay level as we yaw the aircraft left or right, not tilt and then try to recover but never get there. I know my Mav used to do this correctly and started this crap early to mid summer.

Well, I flew my Mavic with Litchi and Go4 today and I didn't find any major difference. I could say with the Go4 app the tilt was a bit less. After I calibrated the gimbal it has even better (last time I calibrated it was more than a year ago). I also should mention I use Go4 v4.0.8 app on iOS (last update spring 2017). Litchi is v1.19.0 also iOS.
One thing I can say is the gimbal roll adjustments don't coincide between Go4 and Litchi.

Think we are stuck with that along with the no-fly update required, no matter how many time you update it.
Thanks for the Go4 lead. Anyone else noticed this link between horizon tilt and Go 4. The problem has been around long enough and talked about enough that something should have been done or someone should have figured out the cause. Troubling to find it on all their consumer product including Mav 2 perchance?
I've been flying mavic Pro for a little over a year. The horizon tilt was introduced after the first couple of updates. It's almost definitely the app. Isn't the cant something that can be corrected in editing?

Reactions: GavieboyDji
The only reliable fix I could ever find was buying a Mavic 2 Pro. I have no horizon tilt using the same latest Go4 app that you are.
I flew 2 full batteries, turning left and right all around, and the horizon stayed dead level the whole day. This is the first DJI product that doesn't suffer from horizon issues, going back to Phantom 2. But finally they got it sorted (unless Hasselblad did)

I have never seen that before... so you can press c1 or c2 and turn wheel to level cam? Will test when I get home
That video seems to be the solution. I'm going to check it out as well. When the narrator says, 'clicking sticks' to make adjustments, do you happen to know exactly what he is referring to?
Thank you

I've been flying mavic Pro for a little over a year. The horizon tilt was introduced after the first couple of updates. It's almost definitely the app. Isn't the cant something that can be corrected in editing?

It can be adjusted in editing but, unfortunately, the amount of tilt changes throughout the flight, requiring many changes.

It can be adjusted in editing but, unfortunately, the amount of tilt changes throughout the flight, requiring many changes.
I understand what you're saying about multiple adjustments when editing. After all, we're not making Hollywood Blockbusters. Have you tried the manual gimbal adjustment I read about later in your thread? I haven't tried it yet, but that sounds like the solution.

My son had same problem after loading app on my phone for my mavic pro. I noticed when he did north south
orientation that he held it on a lateral position only. Never did the horizontal orientation. Read book. Watched
start up videos, went back and re did the lateral and horizontal orientation and problem solved. HAVE NO IDEA
IT THAT WAS THE PROBLEM BUT HAS BEEN FLYING LEVEL SINCE.

Hmm, the tilt problem is what I discussed in this thread

-->click --> Getting the basics right, FPV vs Follow Mode
I fixed it using the gimbal setting from the video. I never found out how the tilting effect ever happened in the first place. I now believe that possibly one of the FW updates did this. Maybe an academic question, the problem is fixed.

I have the horizon tilt “lag” when yawing left or right. I also have litchi so will try to test it today and report back.

did you ever test litchi if the horizon tilting happens on there. I really think its to do with the go 4 app I have tested everything else.

Autel Got absolute hammered with the horizon tilting on the Evo, and they fix it straight away. This has being going on the pro for months and DJI still hasn't fixed it, its shocking.
Mine is when I yaw left or right you can see the horizon straightening slowly like its trying to keep up, it looks horrible in you video edits.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi