DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No option to switch WiFi Channel Mode to manual in DJI Fly

ThreeDog2016

Reactions
IMG_0094.jpg

In DJI Fly under Transmission I have no option to switch to manual Channel Mode. I have a Mavic Air 2 with up-to-date firmware and I've updated DJI Fly apps on both Android and iOS and get the same thing.

How do I activate the option to switch back and fort between auto and manual ?

Having it on Dual-band as you show in the pic. makes it all automatic ... pushing either on 2.4 or 5.8 would make you to chose channel within that frequency.

And this is the guide line to which frequency to use ...

2.4GHz for better penetration & longer distance ... but more prone to interference & gives slower data transfer
5.8GHz for less interference & higher data rate transfers (better live view) ... but worse penetration & distance.

Last edited:
I might add that it depends where you are. Where I am if you are anywhere near civilization 5.8 is always better but you may have a different experience.

Having it on Dual-band as you show in the pic. makes it all automatic ... pushing either on 2.4 or 5.8 would make you to chose channel within that frequency.

And this is the guide line to which frequency to use ...

2.4GHz for better penetration & longer distance ... but more prone to interference & gives slower data transfer
5.8GHz for less interference & higher data rate transfers (better live view) ... but worse penetration & distance.
Selecting either 2.4 GHz or 5.8 GHz doesn't give me the option to switch to manual. It's completely missing!

I also discovered this same issue yesterday when I tried to fly in 5.8 GHz mode. I was unable to switch from AUTO to MANUAL in the DJI Fly app.

I watched the signal strength "curve" while also observing the frequencies in the 2.4 GHz range. Even in auto mode, it never tried to go to 5.8 GHz during close range and RF Interference.

I would like to see signal strength and range under each frequency band.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada