DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

no phone

I don't own a mobile phone , so can I fly my Mavric Air with just the remote , cause if ya can I cant even fire it up ?Do I have to get a phone?
Yes ... you need a phone or tablet capable of running the app.

Reactions: ZX14-R
Yes ... you need a phone or tablet capable of running the app.

You can actually fly a Mavic Air with the controller only, but without a screen it's not going to be an enjoyable experience.

However I think a phone or tablet device is needed for the initial activation. (and also to do stuff like unlock airspace, monitor the battery status of the drone during flights, etc.)

can I fly my Mavric Air with just the remote , cause if ya can I cant even fire it up ?
It would be possible after the Mavic Air has been activated in DJI GO. However, it's not a great idea since wouldn't be able to do things like:
  • See the valuable real time flight data available in DJI GO
  • Frame your shots when taking photos or recording video
  • Know what's preventing you from taking off in a situation where the aircraft is not allowed to take off (like when in a no fly zone)
  • Know when critical events occur (like an auto landing due to a critically low battery)
  • Record the flight data in the flight log on the mobile device that's connected to the remote controller

Reactions: dawgpilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midlifecrisis77