DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No pins showing when trying to unlock authorization zone

Kyle76

Reactions
Although I recently successfully pre-unlocked an authorization zone through the DJI Unlock webpage, now when I go to the page on my iPad or my desktop, the map on which to choose a zone has no “pins” on which to click — not just in the area I wish to fly but anywhere on the map at all. I have triedlogging out and logging back in, restarting my browser and everything else I can think of, but there is no way to choose a zone for unlocking. It’s very frustrating, and a search shows others have experienced this problem but I don’t see a solution for it. Any help for this?

Last edited:
Reactions: Afghanpilot
Fortunately I have not encountered this... but because I fly commercial 107 I am thinking seriously about picking up an Autel Evo II or other drone that does not have geofencing. Although I always go through the FAA authorization process if needed, the last thing I want is to show up for a job and be "locked out" due to software/firmware issues. Good luck I hope someone else chimes in with a solution for you!

Reactions: Kyle76
It’s very frustrating because LAANC clearance is not necessary for the area I’m trying to unlock, but in truth I can’t unlock any area because no pins at all show on the map.

You have to use a desktop browser to fully utilize the Flysafe website. Chrome has a desktop mode that might circumvent the restriction.

I had the same issue when using Safari, there were no pins on any zone. I used Chrome to login to the unlock page and the zone pins were then visible.

I’ve got pins on my iPad Safari app right now. They seem to come and go. It would be nice to know exactly why they come and go and how to get them when you need them. I don’t need to unlock anything right now.

I think the key is clearing your cache on iPad. Seems to work fine, which is great because I don’t normally carry a laptop, if you just clear your cache and reload the page. Of course, that also clears all of your login info for sites you visit regularly.

Maybe contact Apple and ask them.
I found out that you can clear the cache on a site-by-site basis in Advanced->Website Data under Safari settings. The one for the self-unlocking page is listed as “djicdn.com.” Hit Edit and then clear it with the minus button that appears.

Reactions: Thomas B

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada