DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No Satellites ...

PointJoe

Reactions
Today when I turned on my smart controller and air craft, no satellite icons appeared. Tried updating software, restarting, leaving SC on for an hour outside, now recharging. Any suggestions?

We need just a bit more info...

Q: Were you in view of open sky? Just saw your in CA so should be plenty above.
Q: Have you successfully flone from this location before?
Q: Did you test this position, using your phone, or other device, along with a GPS app that shows satellite info (I use 'GPS Status', on android, maybe too old now, had it for along time)

Your issue is very strange, both your SC & your AC not finding any sat locks, unless your in a bad gps coverage area, so thats why Im asking!

Last edited:
You are outside? u won’t pick up satellites indoors.

We need just a bit more info...

Q: Were you in view of open sky? Just saw your in CA so should be plenty above.
Q: Have you successfully flone from this location before?
Q: Did you test this position, using your phone, or other device, along with a GPS app that shows satellite info (I use 'GPS Status', on android, maybe too old now, had it for along time)

Your issue is very strange, both your SC & your AC not finding any sat locks, unless your in a bad gps coverage area, so thats why Im asking!
Thank you for your interest. Yes to all of your questions. I'm in the backyard which is a golf course. I've flown here hundreds of times on a daily basis. Took a break for a couple of weeks, then ... no satellites.

Worked with Daniel at DJI online. He figured it out. Needed to re-do the link between sc and ac. Then recalibrate compass, of course. All works now (15 satellites). Thanks to those of you who posted your thoughts.

Reactions: ff22 and Gindra
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929