DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NO SD card

Yes, I have a new sd card.
Sd card description
Scandisk extreme 64GB uhs 3 class 10.
My english isn't good. Sorry

I know this sounds stupid, but maybe you made the same mistake I did. I didn't connect the ipad/phone to the controller. There's no physical connection to the Mavic needed, but you do need to have your device connected to your device by a physical cable for it to read the SD card. I know. I know, you're thinking, "duh." Permission to slap me granted.

I know this sounds stupid, but maybe you made the same mistake I did. I didn't connect the ipad/phone to the controller. There's no physical connection to the Mavic needed, but you do need to have your device connected to your device by a physical cable for it to read the SD card. I know. I know, you're thinking, "duh." Permission to slap me granted.
No, just another new user who FAILED TO READ AND UNDERSTAND THE MANUAL:mad:

From what I do understand, you are supposed to be able to plug it in straight to your computer with the SD card still inside the Mavic and be able to read the data off of it. When I did that, I can see the SD card on my Finder, but wasn't able to see anything inside. Only when the card is removed and inserted directly into the computer was it readable.

PLEASE READ & SHARE!
I sorted it.

You won't believe what the problem is - and I want to save other iOS pilots the same trauma:

Late last night I thought I'd give it one last chance. Instead of finding & using the short sexy little right-angle USB connector from my iPad Mini to the controller, I used an Apple original. And it was as if there was never a problem!!!! I could format ALL my (previously unusable) SD cards, had full vision from the camera on my iPad. And all seems to be well.

Please be aware that this can happen, cos I would never have guessed the actual USB cord could cause such a world of woe!
I also was having trouble with error messages and as a newby it was a bit confusing, I tried to download the new update and it keep dropping out and also said I had no SD card and the gimble was disconnected, reloaded the app no result.
I then checked the connection to the phone and found that it wasn't positively connected, it looks connected but a firm push was necessary, that solved everything the download worked and the SD card was there and no gimble error. Sound so simply but it worked for me, hope that helps.
Cheers

Reactions: PsychoTeapot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21