DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NO SD card

flyingsloth

Reactions
When in DJI Go 4 it is telling me that I don't have a SD card in. I do, in fact it's the only one I have ever used (currently with full capacity).

At the same time, the camera will not focus, Help!?!

Reactions: paulbeumer
Most likely it's saying you don't have one in is because it's full so it's useless to the Mavics camera.

Copy off the files and then put it back in and have the Mavic reformat it. That should solve the problem.

Rob

Rob, the SD is completely empty.

I meant that there is full capacity available (32 GB)

I had to format the card to fix the same issue. Being a newbie I thought just deleting the files on my Mac was enough. But noooooooooooo I had to format. :)

Hi FlyingSloth,

Last three times i took MP out i had the same weird thing happening.
1- cam preview on iphone went black
2- system error diplaying NO SD Card

Iphone cam preview blackout occured during flight
I all cases i started with empty and by latest DJI GO APP formatted SD card before it went up in the air.

After landing i tried following to solve it.
1. Switch off MP batterie wait a bit and switch MP on again, Remote and app were still running. After reconnection i still had black cam image and system error NO SD Card
2. Switched off MP. Took battery out. Checked if SD card was in socket. (1st time i took it out i always use cable to transfer data) Put Battery back. Switched MP on. Remote and app were still running. After reconnection i still had black cam image and system error NO SD Card.
3. MP on. Switched of Remote. Iphone still on with DJIGO app running. After Remote switch-on and connection Cam image was still black.
4. MP ON. Remote ON and connected. Closed DJOGO app en started it again. Cam image was back again no more system error message

I'm questioning if it could be a bug in the DJIGO app but i can't reproduce it in a logical way since on take off it all works well. no errors what so ever...

Flying on latest update MP-Battery-Remote

Hi FlyingSloth,

Last three times i took MP out i had the same weird thing happening.
1- cam preview on iphone went black
2- system error diplaying NO SD Card

Iphone cam preview blackout occured during flight
I all cases i started with empty and by latest DJI GO APP formatted SD card before it went up in the air.

After landing i tried following to solve it.
1. Switch off MP batterie wait a bit and switch MP on again, Remote and app were still running. After reconnection i still had black cam image and system error NO SD Card
2. Switched off MP. Took battery out. Checked if SD card was in socket. (1st time i took it out i always use cable to transfer data) Put Battery back. Switched MP on. Remote and app were still running. After reconnection i still had black cam image and system error NO SD Card.
3. MP on. Switched of Remote. Iphone still on with DJIGO app running. After Remote switch-on and connection Cam image was still black.
4. MP ON. Remote ON and connected. Closed DJOGO app en started it again. Cam image was back again no more system error message

I'm questioning if it could be a bug in the DJIGO app but i can't reproduce it in a logical way since on take off it all works well. no errors what so ever...

Flying on latest update MP-Battery-Remote
Uninstall and reinstall DJI GO4 that helps often.
Regards,
-d.

Reactions: paulbeumer
Well, I've done all of that and still no good.
Uninstalled Go4 app, tried three different SD cards, tried repeatedly after several hours switched off. And I still get the black screen and the "no SD card" error. Do I have to send the Mavic back after just three weeks???

Reactions: VortexSpin
Have you tried another SD card?

It would be silly to sent the mavic back if the card is faulty.

Well, I've done all of that and still no good.
Uninstalled Go4 app, tried three different SD cards, tried repeatedly after several hours switched off. And I still get the black screen and the "no SD card" error. Do I have to send the Mavic back after just three weeks???
Have you tried spraying some canned air in the SD card slot, maybe carefully putting a toothpick in there to make sure there is noting blocking the sd card's contacts? Just a thought, I am sorry this is happening to you, major drag.

Well, I've had the Mavic just three weeks and I think I've had enough. Anyone want to buy it?
Frequent disconnects (horrible when flying), earlier today it failed to recognise any of three micro SD cards (as detailed above). And now the d@mn controller won't connect to the quad. I can't even turn it off, it just displays "connecting".

If this was a car it'd be back at the dealer's long since. I'm so disappointed.

Well, I've had the Mavic just three weeks and I think I've had enough. Anyone want to buy it?
Frequent disconnects (horrible when flying), earlier today it failed to recognise any of three micro SD cards (as detailed above). And now the d@mn controller won't connect to the quad. I can't even turn it off, it just displays "connecting".

If this was a car it'd be back at the dealer's long since. I'm so disappointed.
Three weeks and you should be able to return for a full refund or replacement.

Thanks, Bunny. I'm debating whether to go to an Inspire instead - maybe the build quality will be better. I'll need deep pockets, though!
Appreciate your help!

PLEASE READ & SHARE!
I sorted it.

You won't believe what the problem is - and I want to save other iOS pilots the same trauma:

Late last night I thought I'd give it one last chance. Instead of finding & using the short sexy little right-angle USB connector from my iPad Mini to the controller, I used an Apple original. And it was as if there was never a problem!!!! I could format ALL my (previously unusable) SD cards, had full vision from the camera on my iPad. And all seems to be well.

Please be aware that this can happen, cos I would never have guessed the actual USB cord could cause such a world of woe!

PLEASE READ & SHARE!
I sorted it.

You won't believe what the problem is - and I want to save other iOS pilots the same trauma:

Late last night I thought I'd give it one last chance. Instead of finding & using the short sexy little right-angle USB connector from my iPad Mini to the controller, I used an Apple original. And it was as if there was never a problem!!!! I could format ALL my (previously unusable) SD cards, had full vision from the camera on my iPad. And all seems to be well.

Please be aware that this can happen, cos I would never have guessed the actual USB cord could cause such a world of woe!

Thanks so much! This happened to both my Mavic and P3A. I think it might have been the firmware but I had to go back to the original Apple cables to get the SD to work. It would take pictures but no video and showed the SD Empty.

The MP iOS cable seems to be the cause of many problems. I sent back mine (as in the entire kit) and noticed the replacement kit included a slightly different cable. Perhaps DJI is aware of the issue?

Thanks for sharing the resolution.

hola. yo tengo un problema con mi mavic pro, No me permite sacar fotos ni realizar videos, ni tampoco puedo cambiar las configuracion de la camara (por ejemplo banlance de blanco, stilo, etc)
ademas no me permite darle formato desde la app go4 (para androi) me dice formato fallido. la tarjeta de memoria es nuevo es una scandisk extreme 64GB U3 clase 10

hola. yo tengo un problema con mi mavic pro, No me permite sacar fotos ni realizar videos, ni tampoco puedo cambiar las configuracion de la camara (por ejemplo banlance de blanco, stilo, etc)
ademas no me permite darle formato desde la app go4 (para androi) me dice formato fallido. la tarjeta de memoria es nuevo es una scandisk extreme 64GB U3 clase 10
Did you try using a different memory card (like the one that came with your Mavic)?

Reactions: gonzaballay
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard