DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Noiseless propellers

Master Airscrew ones are slightly lesser in pitch, but still doesn't help much. I don't want public attention to the sound, am trying to explore ones which gives minimalistic sound, just enough for me as a pilot to identify, not for public attention.
Unfortunately it’s not really possible. Four small props running at high and varying speed keeping a weight up in the air is going to create a fair amount of noise. Although there may be a little room for improvement, DJI’s props will have been well researched to reach a balance between noise level, efficiency and performance.

Reactions: BigAl07 and YVRGUY
No doubt DJI have made props to the best of their ability, and have engineers that balance noise and efficiency to the best level possible.

For sure, MAS (Master Airscrew) Stealth props do appear quieter, sometimes just lower pitch, but it is far less annoying and as far as I can tell less attention to the drone may be a greatly appreciated side result of this.

I did my tests with DBs and motor RPMs etc (on my M1P) and general 'to the ear' tests on my Spark nd Brother-in-Laws Air.
The RPMs are lower, pitch lower on all 3, other models might vary in results.

One thing I asked myself . . . having lower RPMs is al well and good for less noise, but does it come at a cost of higher torque / load on the motors, with wider / more steeply pitched prop blades, and does this have any detrimental effect on them long term ?

I have had the MAS Stealth props on my 2 drones for about 3 to 3-1/2 years, and both are operating as good as new, so I tend to think now there is no bad effect from potentially heavier load.

Reactions: Dbez1 and SkyeHigh
For what it’s worth, MAS props seem (to me) to be less annoying on my Air2S. They have also held up well. If quiet is the ultimate goal, one of the mini’s will accomplish that but it’s a trade off.

Last edited:
Reactions: YVRGUY
Guess you didn’t start with Phantoms. I was amazed how quiet the Mavics are especially the minis and the A2 models. I fly a lot over water so a bit of sound isn’t a problem, actually a benefit if temporarily out of view.

And someone like me who is severe-to-profound deaf uses my eyes or the map on the DJI Fly to see where my drone is :D
That's why we have multiple drone "finding aids", isn't it? I find the map very useful to bring the drone into my hearing range, then bring it into visual range. Of course it's rarely out of visual range, given VLOS rules. :)

That's why we have multiple drone "finding aids", isn't it? I find the map very useful to bring the drone into my hearing range, then bring it into visual range. Of course it's rarely out of visual range, given VLOS rules. :)
At least with the remote id support on the air 2s when that goes into effect you won't be required vlos on remote ID embedded drones. (still need it for modules or no remote id).

And someone like me who is severe-to-profound deaf uses my eyes or the map on the DJI Fly to see where my drone is :D

I'm also profoundly deaf from NIHL, 40 + yeas of working life.
I actually find I can hear the M1P a little sooner with the MAS Stealth props, as it's a lower pitch.
My loss is mostly mid to high frequency loss, with high frequencies totally gone.

edit typo

Last edited:
Reactions: Elthree
I'm also profoundly deaf form NIHL, 40 + yeas of working life.
I actually find I can hear the M1P a little sooner with the MAS Stealth props, as it's a lower pitch.
My loss if mostly mid to high frequency loss, with high frequencies totally gone.
I ordered some so we'll see. Most of my hearing loss is in the higher pitch range.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I ordered some so we'll see. Most of my hearing loss is in the higher pitch range.
I'm fortunate - even after service in the army (artillery, with lots of time on firing ranges...) I still have my hearing. Wife and I argued a few years ago about whose hearing was worse, given the usual family squabbles about "didn't you hear me say...". We agreed to get tested, to find who was the guilty party. Guess it's both of us, since we both tested normal!

I'm fortunate - even after service in the army (artillery, with lots of time on firing ranges...) I still have my hearing. Wife and I argued a few years ago about whose hearing was worse, given the usual family squabbles about "didn't you hear me say...". We agreed to get tested, to find who was the guilty party. Guess it's both of us, since we both tested normal!
I’m in the same boat. 😠

I've been deaf since birth so there was never really any question after I got tested when I was 5. I grew up an army brat and the military doctors were just like some kids don't talk to later, my grandmother took me to a civilian clinic where they tested and confirmed I had severe to profound hearing loss.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78