DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nome Alaska

That crow almost took you out about half way through! Nice flight. I've never seen pictures of that area before.

Thanks for the video, I was aboard a US Coast Guard cutter (CLOVER) in 1959 and that happened to be a/the port of call albeit the one and only one availlable to enter at the time.

That’s a raven following along and I thought he’d give me some grief but must’ve just been curious. They’re basically rats with wings and eat anything.
Nome has changed quite a bit since ‘59 I’m sure but for the most part it’s the same layout as when I arrived 32 years ago.

Reactions: hactick
That’s a raven following along and I thought he’d give me some grief but must’ve just been curious. They’re basically rats with wings and eat anything.
Nome has changed quite a bit since ‘59 I’m sure but for the most part it’s the same layout as when I arrived 32 years ago.
Thanks for the video, very nice to see a close up over the town. My brother lived there in the mid 80's (82 to 86) and was a pilot at the airport for Ryan Air. I have some videos of the town from his plane but nothing this close or this clear. Unfortunately he died in a plane crash somewhere in the mountains not too far from Nome while making supply deliveries to other towns around there...One day I'd like to visit the area. Keep up the good work and happy flying...

Thanks for the video, very nice to see a close up over the town. My brother lived there in the mid 80's (82 to 86) and was a pilot at the airport for Ryan Air. I have some videos of the town from his plane but nothing this close or this clear. Unfortunately he died in a plane crash somewhere in the mountains not too far from Nome while making supply deliveries to other towns around there...One day I'd like to visit the area. Keep up the good work and happy flying...
Sorry to hear about your brothers passing. That's rough country for pilots to make a living in. My hunting partner is a long time pilot for Bering Air and my son in law is an A&P for them.
It's a gorgeous office to work out of but very unforgiving.

Nice video and flying. Thanks for sharing. What kind of boat was that in the bay near the end that had the scoop on it?
That is Luca Pomrenke and his gold dredge the Christine Rose. It has a Cat excavator mounted to the barge and they recover a fair amount of gold from some offshore leases.

That is Luca Pomrenke and his gold dredge the Christine Rose. It has a Cat excavator mounted to the barge and they recover a fair amount of gold from some offshore leases.

Fascinating to see Nome, very smooth flying , enjoyed.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the rain.
Coal

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661