DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Non-commercial use for my company

I am not trying to get into a huge argument here. I have all 624 pages of part 107 and I can not find anything in here about commercial or needing it for commercial business. The reason I ask this is due to my Chief asking why I need this particular license to fly a drone for work. I need to come to him with facts so he can approve me taking the class and paying for the license.

IMHO unless it is flying for yourself as recreation or as a hobby, with the exception of giving prints of your pictures to friends as gifts, you need a 107 cert.

Now I don't care one way or the other, but should something go wrong, you will be nailed to the cross.

If someone gets hurt, or something gets damaged, you will be sued back to the stone age.

For what it takes to get a 107 cert ( $150 dollars and about a week of reading the FAA study prep that is free btw) you are going to be able to fly without notifying every marked airport or helipad within a 5 mile radius, you will be able to get near real time permission to fly in Class B airspace, something a hobbyist can not do. You can apply for a 107.29 waiver to fly at night commercially, etc etc etc.

If you are flying at the request of your employer, make sure they insure you or are insured for drone operations.

I am Part 107 and Part 61.

I can't sell a picture I take from an airplane or take people up to take commercial pictures even if I don't split the cost of the flight with a friend to do so... and I can split the cost but I can not charge for the flight.

Tell your " Chief", no license, no indemnification, no flying.

PS why would anyone risk their personal 1500 dollar drone for their employer?
If it gets damaged are they paying for it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4