DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Noob Alert!!!

MrBill

Reactions
Hi all,

First, I want to say I hope everyone are both safe, and well. I am a total Noob, never have I flown. Drone. I am currently looking at the DJI Mavic Mini, reading up and watching videos, I have a couple of questions if anyone can take the time to answer.

1. Is the DJI Mavic Mini a good starter Drone?

2. I am in the boonies, many areas have no cell signal, will this be an issue in flying a drone?

3. I am hoping to fly over the trees and view the animals on the trails and take some nice pictures and videos, will the drone be to loud for this?

4. when ever I play games, I always Invert my controls, down to go up, and up to go down, is this an option with the drone?

Thanks again everyone for your ideas/Thoughts and advice.

Cheers,

welcome to the forum i replied to you questions in post#4 of the thread entitled Newbie Check In started by Sherwood 92 a short while ago,it was moved by the mods to the correct forum but my reply stayed in the other thread

Welcome from another Canuck. Look thru the forum, you'll get a lot of info here, often a lot of different opinions.

Suggest you download and read the DJI pdf user manual

1. I believe the mini is a good started drone for the price and features. Especial being under the 250g Canadian regulation but being so light always be aware of the wind conditions and the mini's capabilities.
2. The mini does not need wifi to fly but needs it once ton register with DJI. Search the forum for more info.
3. I find the mini to be very quiet and am surprised when ducks/swans/geese ignore the mini when fairly close to them.
4. The pdf user manual shows different stick setups.

Enjoy!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Thanks Everyone!

@old man mavic , it is always Crazy Windy here... would you consider a MP2 or Zoom Noob Friendly?

Thanks!
any DJI drone requires a certain level of skill and knowledge to fly successfully its mostly the initial cost that governs most peoples choice,of course if you are only just trying to see if the hobby is for you, then the MM is a good way in to the hobby as long as you respect its abilities,or lack of them, but if you are really going to get the best you can and are not worried about the costs, then you might as well get the M2P or zoom combos which will give you the best chance of success

Reactions: MrBill
Welcome to the forum. I also fly a MM and have many fun flights. You will find all sorts of suggestions and recommendations here in the forums. Wish you well. We look forward to seeing your view of the world.

Welcome to the forum! :)

would you consider a MP2 or Zoom Noob Friendly?
They are no more noob friendly than the Mavic Mini. Different DJI drone models come packed with different features, but they all fly pretty much the same. Once you learn how to fly one, you can easily pick up another model and start flying it right away.

The Mavic 2 does have a lot of great features over the Mavic Mini. Some of those features -- it's built better (much better), handles better in the wind, comes with more software features, and has a better camera. You can compare the major differences here.

Reactions: MrBill
Thanks for everything so far gang, you all Rock! So I am down to M2P vs Zoom, I am leaning way of the Zoom for price and ability to not have to get so close to the Wildlife, would anyone be able to chime in on their thoughts, and if the Smart Controller is worth getting?

Thanks and Stay Safe!

Hi all,

First, I want to say I hope everyone are both safe, and well. I am a total Noob, never have I flown. Drone. I am currently looking at the DJI Mavic Mini, reading up and watching videos, I have a couple of questions if anyone can take the time to answer.

1. Is the DJI Mavic Mini a good starter Drone?

2. I am in the boonies, many areas have no cell signal, will this be an issue in flying a drone?

3. I am hoping to fly over the trees and view the animals on the trails and take some nice pictures and videos, will the drone be to loud for this?

4. when ever I play games, I always Invert my controls, down to go up, and up to go down, is this an option with the drone?

Thanks again everyone for your ideas/Thoughts and advice.

Cheers,
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton, Ohio USA. Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: Thomas B
Welcome from another Canuck. Look thru the forum, you'll get a lot of info here, often a lot of different opinions.

Suggest you download and read the DJI pdf user manual

1. I believe the mini is a good started drone for the price and features. Especial being under the 250g Canadian regulation but being so light always be aware of the wind conditions and the mini's capabilities.
2. The mini does not need wifi to fly but needs it once ton register with DJI. Search the forum for more info.
3. I find the mini to be very quiet and am surprised when ducks/swans/geese ignore the mini when fairly close to them.
4. The pdf user manual shows different stick setups.

Enjoy!

Agree with EysWideShut

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore