DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Noob needing help :-(

knixnirish

Reactions
Good morning,

I have a MA1 & just bought an Android tablet in order to have a bigger screen. Problem is, I can't find the right cable to connect the MA1 controller to the Android tablet. At this point me and the Amazon return guy at Kohl's are on a first name basis because i keeping getting the wrong cable.

Any & all help is greatly appreciate.

Good morning,

I have a MA1 & just bought an Android tablet in order to have a bigger screen. Problem is, I can't find the right cable to connect the MA1 controller to the Android tablet. At this point me and the Amazon return guy at Kohl's are on a first name basis because i keeping getting the wrong cable.

Any & all help is greatly appreciate.
What tablet do you have? Most Android tablets take either Micro Usb or USB-C.

If so that could be the issue, I'm not sure if they work with it or not. Perhaps someone else may know for sure.

Reactions: NDWildBill
...I have a MA1 & just bought an Android tablet...I can't find the right cable to connect the MA1 controller
The Fire 7 Tab seems to use a usual micro-USB ... so that wouldn't be any problem at all, just buy a USB-A to micro-USB & use the bigger USB port in the middle of the RC. Save the small micro-USB port on the left side of the RC for charging only.

Hi knixnirish Welcome to Mavic Pilots.
I don’t have an air 1 but can you use the cable that came with the tablet connecting it to the bottom USB port on the controller ?

We're you able to side load the app you needed? If I remember correctly it doesn't have Google Play.

I bought this type of cable for my Note 10 (Type C option) and worked just fine. I read that this is a data cable rather than just charging cable and that is the difference from the others. Also the Micro AB is similar to Micro Usb but may not work the same. Price is decent on amazon and comes in 8" which is pretty much enough for your tablet. Hope this does the trick.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210401-083244_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210401-083244_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    427.2 KB · Views: 5
I guess you know it needs to be OTG-type cable or it wont connect correctly. Just learned that myself after trying to find a longer cable that will work with my MA2 and a 10" Lenovo tablet. This is type of cable but I wouldn't recommend this brand as I just returned mine as it would cause constant disconnects during flight. I just ordered this to try instead.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada