DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

North east England

Mattyftm

Reactions
Evening all,

I’m Matt, located in north east England (County Durham to be more specific) I toyed with the idea of purchasing a drone for a number of months. I used to have a keen interest in photography a while back and have a couple of SLRs that have done nothing but gather dust for the last 18 months or so.... primarily due to a new, more demanding job role as well as the arrival of my daughter. However, I decided to treat myself and bought a Mavic Pro fly more package after watching weeks and weeks worth of YouTube videos in an attempt to gain an insight into the world of drones, quadcopters and whatever other narratives people tend to use. Having never owned anything of this nature previously, I was a little apprehensive to spend in excess of £1000 on something I knew so little about, and the only knowledge I had of the above was through the medium of YouTube.... as previously mentioned. I have an interest in aviation with the intention of getting my PPL within the next 5 years, it would have been sooner but I have also recently bought a rather expensive car.... I’m a railway engineer by trade and come from a farming background. So expect a whole host of photos/videos from a diverse range of environments.

I look forward to having more involvement in this forum.

Evening all,

I’m Matt, located in north east England (County Durham to be more specific) I toyed with the idea of purchasing a drone for a number of months. I used to have a keen interest in photography a while back and have a couple of SLRs that have done nothing but gather dust for the last 18 months or so.... primarily due to a new, more demanding job role as well as the arrival of my daughter. However, I decided to treat myself and bought a Mavic Pro fly more package after watching weeks and weeks worth of YouTube videos in an attempt to gain an insight into the world of drones, quadcopters and whatever other narratives people tend to use. Having never owned anything of this nature previously, I was a little apprehensive to spend in excess of £1000 on something I knew so little about, and the only knowledge I had of the above was through the medium of YouTube.... as previously mentioned. I have an interest in aviation with the intention of getting my PPL within the next 5 years, it would have been sooner but I have also recently bought a rather expensive car.... I’m a railway engineer by trade and come from a farming background. So expect a whole host of photos/videos from a diverse range of environments.

Howdy from Wyoming @Mattyftm , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Howdy from Wyoming @Mattyftm , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Howdy! Yeah, i really got the vibe from scrolling through the forums. Might be the wrong place to ask.... but is their any common faults/flaws with the mavic that I should be aware of?

Reactions: johnh210
hi matty, also from the n east, also a new hobby for me, have been looking and learning of here for weeks, suggest you do the same, so much information here, thank you all.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Evening all,

Welcome Matt from another north east dweller (Gateshead). I’ve never owned a drone before or anything else remote controlled for that matter and I took the plunge a few weeks back much like yourself. Plenty of great info on here provided by the great members of this forum so take your time reading stuff and continue to watch YouTube videos, there are invaluable for getting you up and running.

My advice, spend a good 30-60 mins getting used to your new bit of kit in beginner mode and get used to flying the thing around, in particular flying back towards you to get used to the controls being the opposite way around. Watch a few YouTube videos on setting the camera up for your photo and video settings as well as the various settings that adjust the sensitivity of the controls (Yaw and Gain etc) and also the gimble, all of this can make a huge difference to the quality of your footage.

Enjoy it mate and fly safe :)

... but is their any common faults/flaws with the mavic that I should be aware of?
The most common faults/flaws is in the software/firmware, not so much in the Mavic itself. It is not uncommon that a Go 4 update screws up the video feed (it happened to me) or worse. For that reason, I have not updated in over a year and do not have my tablet connected to the internet while Go 4 is running.

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Pro, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+