DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Northern Colorado pilot wondering who's in the area

Prismatic

Reactions
With the redesign of the Regional section, I thought I'd just ask if there are any other pilots in Northern Colorado (FtC, Lvlnd, Grly). I fly a Mavic Air. What's in your bag? ?

Hey, Wingman, good to hear from you! I'm in Fort Collins. I've been flying a Mavic Air for nearly two years now, though I'm on my third bird. I guess I'm not yet the pilot I'd like to be! ?

I crashed the first one (hard) against a cliff in Utah; totally pilot error. It went into ATTI down in a canyon and I panicked. Had I kept my wits, all would have been well: there was essentially no wind, and if I'd just kicked the throttle--staying off the right stick!--I'm sure I'd have reacquired GPS in just a few moments. So I had to walk 6 miles (round trip) to recover the corpse so that DJI Refresh would replace it (which they did). Here's a frame from the video of that crash, as the MA was tumbling away from the point of impact. I call it "Mavic Air: Self Portrait on Sandstone" :rolleyes:
Self Portrait on Sandstone (watermarked).jpg

Then last spring I landed on a very dusty road in WY; the drone inhaled a ton of grit, and that was the end of it. Next time I'll hand-catch it if there's much dust! That one was also replaced under Refresh.

Late last summer, I ponied up for an FT Aviator controller; I like it a lot because it is so intuitive. But for a bunch of reasons I haven't been able to fly much for a few months, so I'm still learning with it.

Finally, here's my YouTube channel, if you want a look. All videos (excepting my Halloween music box!) are products of my time with "Bertie", the Mavic Air drone.

Cheers!

Reactions: ArcTenTen
With the redesign of the Regional section, I thought I'd just ask if there are any other pilots in Northern Colorado (FtC, Lvlnd, Grly). I fly a Mavic Air. What's in your bag? ?
Hello. I live in Windsor. In addition to numerous “toy” drones, I fly a Mavic Pro and Hubsan Zino. Both are great fliers.

Another Lovelander here. I'm very new with a week old Mavic 2 Zoom and only three flight sessions so far.

I'm looking for safe, legal and interesting places to fly around here. I'm also interested in learning to create point clouds for my architectural work.

Reactions: Prismatic and Slade
Another Lovelander here. I'm very new with a week old Mavic 2 Zoom and only three flight sessions so far.

I'm looking for safe, legal and interesting places to fly around here. I'm also interested in learning to create point clouds for my architectural work.
Greetings! I’m in Windsor. A couple nice places to fly. I’ll also be traveling up to Pingree Park to film the Mummy Range from outside Rocky Mtn. National Park. You’re welcome to get together. I also make killer cappuccinos ?

Greetings! I’m in Windsor. A couple nice places to fly. I’ll also be traveling up to Pingree Park to film the Mummy Range from outside Rocky Mtn. National Park. You’re welcome to get together. I also make killer cappuccinos ?
Thanks Slade, Is there a particular time and place you like to fly?

Reactions: Slade
Hey all - I'm in Longmont (that counts as 'northern', right? I've an Air that I cut my teeth on, then a 2 Pro and a P4 that I mostly use to help out on farmland (border patrols for drainage issues, overviews/mapping etc.).

Hey all - I'm in Longmont (that counts as 'northern', right? I've an Air that I cut my teeth on, then a 2 Pro and a P4 that I mostly use to help out on farmland (border patrols for drainage issues, overviews/mapping etc.).
I lived in Longmont before moving to Loveland. Welcome!

Hopefully if we get the pilot locations map setup for the website we can all post our locations on it if we want to and everyone will be able to find flyers near them to hook up with.

Reactions: kanjigirl
Thanks Slade, Is there a particular time and place you like to fly?
I try to fly when my disability allows me to do so. The wildfires killed my plans for Pingree Park this year. I fly from my backyard and around Windsor. Beautiful little town. Maybe we can hook up for some fun before the snow flies. Happy flying brother1602431318459.png

Hi everyone! We've lived in Hygiene, Longmont, Pinewood Springs and now we're in Estes Park. Fly a Mavic Air and don't get as much flying time in as I'd like due to the winds we always have up here. Happy and safe flying everyone!

Hey guy, not exactly north CO in Golden but, I was hoping to share some video with the local pilots. I enjoy hard core mountaineering and take the drone whenever it is appropriate . . . Here's my latest exploit,
. I have many videos similar to this one, cheers!

Yo what's up everyone. 970 guy over here in Berthoud. Right now all I have is my hacked mavic 2 zoom. Now that we finalllllyyyy can unlock our drones potential I might pick up a mavic air 2 or a super battery from reece28.

Attachments

• 20210516_195813.jpg
    20210516_195813.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 4
  • 20210325_201355.jpg
    20210325_201355.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads