DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Northern IL / Southern Wisconsin Stateline Area

According to the faa yes you have to call them but I have the same issue of private landings in the middle of the corn field and I talked to one guy he said he's not even sure why he's on the list sense there's no air tower or anything and just gave me permission to fly when ever I wanted not like my drone was gonna effect him in anyway

I think there's an issue here that needs to be addressed with the FAA in that there should be a some minimal requirements of a registered Airport to make it a relevant NFZ.

Since my post, I have researched this further, and the guy who owns the property is resides in Northbrook and registered the site in 1967 thinking he would sell the adjacent property as an executive pilot community for residential development. However, doesn't look like that ever played out, but he keeps the renewals up to date for some reason.

I wonder if I can get a letter from him allowing drone flight, and if that would cover me?
I just got verbal permission from mine

Hello. can anyone suggest any safe and legal spots near the Wisconsin Dells area (Adams) ?

I’m in Madison and flew Gibraltar Rock south of you by Wisconsin River.

You’re best off to launch from the outcroppings so you’ll be above most raptors. You can see vultures below you but they only eat the dead.
And all raptors can’t fly straight up.

I’ve flown a lot of State Areas, which you’ll know the terminology vs. State Park.

Out in the Boondocks of WI all you have are farm airstrips. They’re not manned so you call the number leave a message with your info and you’re done. Go fly.

Let me know if you want to meet up at Devils Lake or The Dells?

Around here, I usually fly at Rock Valley RC flyers Rock Valley R/C Flyers Club Rockford, IL Home It's a great club and awesome location. Farm fields all around. They have solar panels charging a huge bank of batteries from which you can keep your stuff flying. It's an off grid location. I usually fly there to test firmware updates and to learn various filming methods.

I live up in the northwest suburbs and fly around my area at local parks etc.. but also have a cottage just across the state line so I enjoy flying around the lakes and farm fields in the area.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21