DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Northern IL / Southern Wisconsin Stateline Area

CaveDrone

Reactions
Just start charging my Mavic, had a Phantom P3 for 18 months. Waiting for warmer weather

Reactions: Advexure
Enjoy your Mavic and stay warm! It sounds pretty chilly in WI. Are you in WI or IL?..or maybe you live right on the stateline? :cool:

20 miles from the border, in Illinois. Brrrrr... 50's next weekend, good time to get it ready! I had the Mavic since December 15th.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MavicPilots mobile app

Not at all, muddy and cold. Just got the Mavic running, looking to get a HDMI tablet and maybe Headplay googles before flying. About you? You from the Midwest as well?

Madison, Wisconsin here. Just got my Mavic earlier in the week. Have flown it once in beginner mode.. Looking forward to warmer weather!

Reactions: Razmar
Cedar Rapids, Iowa here. Live about 1.5hrs from Wisconsin and Illinois state lines. Have my Mavic for about 3 weeks and been flying couple times of week. Went to CA last week and had a blast with it.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Palatine, Illinois - Ready

Palatine here as well! Mavic arriving next week! Wanna have a drone meet up (not in person, let's have the drones meet up at the water tower on NW HWY by Wendy's. I'll come in from the south and stay south of the tower at some certain time, and you can come in from the north of the tower and we can get some video from Mavic to Mavic in flight!

Cedar Rapids, Iowa here. Live about 1.5hrs from Wisconsin and Illinois state lines. Have my Mavic for about 3 weeks and been flying couple times of week. Went to CA last week and had a blast with it.

California, not Central America? [emoji12] From what I am reading, California is busy making it more and more difficult to find places to fly. Hopefully that's not true! Where abouts did you fly?

Sent from my SM-G900V using MavicPilots mobile app

California, not Central America? [emoji12] From what I am reading, California is busy making it more and more difficult to find places to fly. Hopefully that's not true! Where abouts did you fly?

Yes I did find out California city are anti-drones but I went out to Lookout Point, Corona Del Mar, CA. Here is a little video I shot there but did not do any post processing of video except editing. I did have a Polar Pro ND8 PL lens on my Mavic when I took this video. Video was taken about 15 minutes before sunset.

Last edited:
Reactions: Razmar and kc9sdo
Yes I did find out California city are anti-drones but I went out to Lookout Point, Corona Del Mar, CA. Here is a little video I shot there but did not do any post processing of video except editing. I did have a Polar Pro ND8 PL lens on my Mavic when I took this video. Video was taken about 15 minutes before sunset.

Very nice and serene! Good job!

Palatine here as well! Mavic arriving next week! Wanna have a drone meet up (not in person, let's have the drones meet up at the water tower on NW HWY by Wendy's. I'll come in from the south and stay south of the tower at some certain time, and you can come in from the north of the tower and we can get some video from Mavic to Mavic in flight!

There is quite a few owners in Palatine, Illinois. Go to the Deer Park East Forest Preserve RC Field. Wait for the Weather to break. They'll come lol.

Located in Palatine, IL - Waiting the arrival of my Mavic Next week, already have the Epson BT-300 Googles to interface with my Mavic, now just some warm weather is needed.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
I just looked up those goggle/glasses! Wow, that looks really interesting. I don't think my eyes and wallet can deal with them, however they look really good for the purpose of staying legal while flying FPV without a spotter!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000