DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

northern kentucky mavic pilots

Yes I also read to steer away from DJI's as well for being thin and difficult to install and remove.

The newer Polar Pro ones supposedly can be left on and do not effect the gimbal at all.

Good to know

Hey guys. I've got the polar pro cinema series 6 pack and I haven't had a single issue with either startup or removal. If anyone in the area is interested, you're more than welcome to try them.

Reactions: DW-Mavic
Hey guys. I've got the polar pro cinema series 6 pack and I haven't had a single issue with either startup or removal. If anyone in the area is interested, you're more than welcome to try them.

What is your thoughts when comparing images/video when using them? Worth the money or something that can be accomplished in post-processing?

What is your thoughts when comparing images/video when using them? Worth the money or something that can be accomplished in post-processing?

For me, they are absolutely worth it. The 6 pack cost me $150 and if the image captured is more accurate or to my desired taste, then the less time and energy I have to put into post processing. I can spend more time flying and capturing images, saving time to really dial in the truly special moments. Computers and the software programs we all use are undeniably amazing as they can create things we never thought possible. However, filters I believe are still superior for the reasons above. For those that are either professionals or with a much great ability than myself, post processing may be a breeze and therefore no need for filters. Unfortunately, I need all the help I can get!

Hope that helps.

For me, they are absolutely worth it. The 6 pack cost me $150 and if the image captured is more accurate or to my desired taste, then the less time and energy I have to put into post processing. I can spend more time flying and capturing images, saving time to really dial in the truly special moments. Computers and the software programs we all use are undeniably amazing as they can create things we never thought possible. However, filters I believe are still superior for the reasons above. For those that are either professionals or with a much great ability than myself, post processing may be a breeze and therefore no need for filters. Unfortunately, I need all the help I can get!

Hope that helps.

So true! I totally agree about more time flying and capturing images. I've seen some great results using them, just haven't spoke with anyone about them.

Thanks for the information!

So true! I totally agree about more time flying and capturing images. I've seen some great results using them, just haven't spoke with anyone about them.

Thanks for the information!
No worries at all as always glad to give an opinion! haha Best of luck and share what you capture with them. As soon as I learn how to fly this **** thing, I'll do the same! :)

No worries at all as always glad to give an opinion! haha Best of luck and share what you capture with them. As soon as I learn how to fly this **** thing, I'll do the same! :)

Up, down, left, right easy peasy.

Yes I also read to steer away from DJI's as well for being thin and difficult to install and remove.

The newer Polar Pro ones supposedly can be left on and do not effect the gimbal at all.

I just ordered some polar pros

I need to order some ND filters but I am super hesitant on paying $150 for them considering my single 6 stop for my camera has a lot more glass and cost $60.

Maybe sometime I'll stop being cheap :(

Also, east of Cincinnati checking in.

Eh, found the 3 set will cover my needs just fine and has ND8/16/32 .. in for that at $80.

Last edited:
Hello all....Amelia here. Have had Mavic since December. Mainly flown out at East Fork during the winter. I'll watch this thread for meet ups.
Welcome Amelia. You've got a few more months under your belt than me. Have you tried filming any of the bridges over the river? Would be cool to maybe shoot the stadium from across the river in Kentucky! :)

Welcome Amelia. You've got a few more months under your belt than me. Have you tried filming any of the bridges over the river? Would be cool to maybe shoot the stadium from across the river in Kentucky! :)

Although time wise I have had the Mavic for awhile I have done mostly flying around East Fork. Took the Mavic all the way to China only to get rained out at the Great Wall.

Are there any restrictions on the KY side? Hamilton County parks and the stadiums are no fly zones which kills the entire waterfront for flying.

Hi all,

Fort Thomas here. Have my Mavic on order, should be here this week. I'd be up for getting together with a group to learn some basics.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143