DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Northern Scotland

I'm not a skilled videographer or editor, but I'll offer a few constructive suggestions for consideration. The video you shot is beautiful and the places you chose are stunning. You came home with some great footage.

Some of the compositions could stand alone as photographs, like the approach to the red house in the beginning with the lines of horizon and mountains and the dark sky above and lake below. The music is perfect. It's good to see people in some scenes rather than just landscape. The orbit shots were very nice, with parallax giving a feel of motion and showing off those beautiful vistas.

Possible edits:

• I'd reduce the length of some clips, like the one at 0:20 over the lake and the later one about 1:30 flying low out the cove. Maybe the one low over the field.
  • A few clips have odd movements at the very end that are distracting. For example, the clip beginning at 1:30 has a brief rise at the end.
  • The motorcycle clip is overexposed in some areas, especially the rocks. It could probably be cut where the lead bike enters the trees. There's an odd stop in the drone motion at the end now.
  • If you were looking for something to cut, it might be the partial orbit of that island. It's a bit dull and just not as grand or graphically interesting as the rest of your clips. The clip low over the road is another possibility. And it was a little unsettling to be flying "in the wrong lane" with the thought of oncoming traffic. To me, neither clip relates well the the rest.
  • What about a transition between clips, a quick dissolve? It feels a bit abrupt to go from the view of the red house on the lake to an overhead of the ocean shore, for instance.
Take all that for what it's worth. Or what you paid for it. They may well be equivalent amounts.

I really liked the video and I think it could be even more enjoyable and powerful with just a little cleanup and polish.

Reactions: Gagey52 and Serhii
Hello everyone,

I finally have found some time to finish the video from my trip last year to the north of Scotland. I would appreciate your feedback.

Very nice with a lot of variety of scenery! What drone were you flying?

I'm not a skilled videographer or editor, but I'll offer a few constructive suggestions for consideration. The video you shot is beautiful and the places you chose are stunning. You came home with some great footage.

Some of the compositions could stand alone as photographs, like the approach to the red house in the beginning with the lines of horizon and mountains and the dark sky above and lake below. The music is perfect. It's good to see people in some scenes rather than just landscape. The orbit shots were very nice, with parallax giving a feel of motion and showing off those beautiful vistas.

Possible edits:

• I'd reduce the length of some clips, like the one at 0:20 over the lake and the later one about 1:30 flying low out the cove. Maybe the one low over the field.
  • A few clips have odd movements at the very end that are distracting. For example, the clip beginning at 1:30 has a brief rise at the end.
  • The motorcycle clip is overexposed in some areas, especially the rocks. It could probably be cut where the lead bike enters the trees. There's an odd stop in the drone motion at the end now.
  • If you were looking for something to cut, it might be the partial orbit of that island. It's a bit dull and just not as grand or graphically interesting as the rest of your clips. The clip low over the road is another possibility. And it was a little unsettling to be flying "in the wrong lane" with the thought of oncoming traffic. To me, neither clip relates well the the rest.
  • What about a transition between clips, a quick dissolve? It feels a bit abrupt to go from the view of the red house on the lake to an overhead of the ocean shore, for instance.
Take all that for what it's worth. Or what you paid for it. They may well be equivalent amounts.

I really liked the video and I think it could be even more enjoyable and powerful with just a little cleanup and polish.
thanks a lot, this is really helpful

Reactions: MS Coast
I enjoyed that, I look forward to your next effort, thanks for sharing.
Regards

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes