DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Northwest Florida!

drone_dh

Reactions
I just joined the forum today, my Mavic 2 Zoom was delivered last night. I put the batteries on the charger, along with the Smart Controller I purchased. If/when I ever get off work I plan to update the firmware on the batteries, drone, and controller, and hopefully fly it this weekend for my first time.
I've had many helicopters and quadcopters over the years. I recently bought a Holy Stone drone, which was really fun, pretty good video, but about every 3rd battery/flight it would just lose its brains and crash into something. I then decided it was time to step up the game and get the Mavic 2 I've wanted for a while.
I have many other hobbies and I frequent forums for each and every one of them, there are so many valuable insights on these forums. I may not answer many questions now, but hope to be a contributor in the near future. Oh yeah, the one thing I did not get with my Mavic 2 Zoom was the headset - I plan to get one but wanted to at least somewhat master flying it and shooting video.
Aloha!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum from Tallahassee FL !!! We are not that far !!

Welcome to the forum from Tallahassee FL !!! We are not that far !!
No, we aren't. As I said I've played with toys for years, forgot about a car show tonight so I'm taking my classic Mustang out... I will download all the updates tomorrow I guess, and hopefully get this thing flying!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to our Forum, from Hauptmann in Texas!

You'll find that flying your Mavic 2 Zoom or any DJI quad is so easy. They practically fly themselves. This can lead to overconfidence.

Read the manual, and be conservative at first. Practice using “Find My Drone”. Chances are you will crash and perhaps lose your bird. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone. Lots of good stuff to shoot throughout Florida. Whenever you need help, there are over 120,000 of us from around the world to assist you as you gain experience and grow as a pilot and photographer.

Glad to have you as a member!
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_2/avic+2+Pro+Zoom+User+Manual+V1.4.pdf

Welcome to our Forum, from Hauptmann in Texas!

You'll find that flying your Mavic 2 Zoom or any DJI quad is so easy. They practically fly themselves. This can lead to overconfidence.

Read the manual, and be conservative at first. Practice using “Find My Drone”. Chances are you will crash and perhaps lose your bird. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone. Lots of good stuff to shoot throughout Florida. Whenever you need help, there are over 120,000 of us from around the world to assist you as you gain experience and grow as a pilot and photographer.

Glad to have you as a member!
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_2/avic+2+Pro+Zoom+User+Manual+V1.4.pdf
Thank you sir! Posts like this are exactly why I join forums for my hobbies/interests. I will DEFINITELY take your advice!

Welcome to the forum! :)

I already do! I've only begun to try the "dronie" video capabilities, and already found out my laptop (which I bought 4 years ago to work with GoPro vid) doesn't cut it with the video from this thing. I put some GoPro vid in Vegas (my editing software) right next to some Mavic video and the GoPro vid works great but it stumbles with the Mavic video. So, I ordered a new laptop for my new passion:

From what I read this should handle my video taking very nicely.
Comments?

Welcome! From beautiful New Smyrna Beach!

Pretend sport mode doesn't exist

Check RTH and APAS before every flight.

Take your time, make sure all your settings are correct, because there is nothing like having that perfect shot, but not having the camera ready. (Missing SD card, high ISO, low shutter combo)

Enjoy your new addiction!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom