DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Norway From Above 2017 (Multipart Series)

prelator

Reactions
I will be posting a series of videos in this thread that I shot with my Mavic on a vacation to Norway and Svalbard this past July. I'm finally getting around to editing the footage after a super busy summer and fall.

Here's the first in the series, flying around the village of Lysebotn in Lysefjord, near the city of Stavanger in southwestern Norway.

Part 1

[As a side note, this video illustrates how crucial disabling the Mavic's altitude limit can be when flying in mountainous areas, as the rim of the fjord was around 4000 feet above my takeoff point on the valley floor. This video would have been completely impossible with the stock altitude limit.]

Part 2

The second video features the area around the town of Odda and Folgefonna National Park.

Part 3

The third video features the town of Eidfjord and a departing cruise ship.

Last edited:
Firstly .... WOW!
Secondly .... that descent @ 1:59 ... could be from an award winning documentary!
Thirdly ... it took me right back to '76 when I visited most of Norway (Driving from Bergen to Nordkapp, as close to the coast as was humanly possible, then to Oslo via Lillehammer, Bergen and Risør) .... but, in particular, it reminds me of Eiksdalen (a similar end-of-Fjord village) ... driving there the absolutely crazy, scary, way over the top from Sunndalsøra ... in my Beach Buggy (!) to see Mardalfossen.
Never made it to Svalbard, something I regret.
Really looking forward to the rest of your series!

spectacular how do you disable the stock limit?
We’re not allowed to talk about it on this forum, but you can easily find the information with a little googling. There’s lots of info on RC Groups and a wiki at DJI.retroroms.info.

Here's my second video from Norway, featuring the area around the town of Odda and Folgefonna National Park. Unfortunately I was not allowed to fly at Trolltunga, so I couldn't include footage from that.

Reactions: OzoneVibe
I bought my Mavic last spring so I just kept it on the 0700 firmware for most of this year. Currently I'm using 1.03.1000 with the two flight controller modules from 1.03.0700 so that I still have the ability to disable the altitude limit and no-fly zones and increase ascent/descent rates. Those are all crucial for flying in mountains like I did in Norway, or like I do at home here in Colorado.

And I was using Polar Pro ND/polarizing filters for most of my flights in Norway, but perhaps they weren't tuned quite right to eliminate glare.

I am editing in Sony Vegas Pro 14. I've been using the Hitfilm Vibrance filter in Vegas to really make the colors pop, though it unfortunately enhances sun glare a bit too.

thanks for the reply very helpful. i want to do the same 1.03.1000 with required 700 modules, this seems to be the best setup to have the features of the 1000 like precision landing flight modes etc but still have the height control. Unfortunately, i upgraded to 1.04.100 in late november without knowing about all this. I had just started flying and I had no idea.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial