DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not a pilot yet

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome.

I'm brand new myself (on the forum less than a month and I've only had a drone for 2 weeks). I jumped in with the Mini 3 Pro and I don't regret it.

As far as training is concerned get your TRUST certification to start out. It's free and you can't fail. And you need it before you take your first flight to be 100% legal.

After that if you decide to get your 107 license then I recommend (along with everyone else... :)) to use Pilot Institute. It's money well spent. They don't just teach the test but give you the knowledge needed to really know what you are doing.

I started the course right after I got my drone and passed the test yesterday with a 95%. So their system really works. Of course I crammed many other you tube video's about the 107 exam in there in addition as well. :D Now I just need to wait on the FAA to process my application.

Once I got my drone I just spent a few flights right over my back yard just getting used to the controls. Just go thru everything over and over until it becomes second nature. And the best advice to remember is if you get in a panic just release the controls and the drone will just stop in place and hover. That will give you the opportunity to get your wits about you and figure out your next move.

I just basically did a few take off's and landings then I flew just high enough to make sure I was above all the obstacles that I could run into and did side-to-side, rotates, figure 8's, circles, etc.

One other piece of advice that kind of surprised me was that you need to be sure that your maps are downloaded for the area you are in. I had set up the wifi connection to download updates and then after everything rebooted I took it out to fly. And I then noticed I had no maps in the bottom corner. after scratching my head for a while I figured out that the wifi had turned itself off so it couldn't download the map. Or at least I think that's what happened. in any case after I turned on the wifi and fired it up again I suddenly had the map.

Anyway, I hope that the advice from a brand new user helps you.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman