DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not a pilot yet

AlBurr

Reactions
Hi All...

Been lurking for a bit and reading various threads. Seems like a fantastic and supportive community. While I don't have drone yet I am hovering between the Mavic 3 refurbished and a new or refurbished Mavic 3 Classic. I was originally considering a sub 250 drone like the Mini 3 Pro but considering my location and the restrictions here I determined it really won't make that much difference. I do intend to get my 107, maybe even before I have the drone.

I live in Northern Virginia inside of highly restricted air space and will need to travel a bit to use the drone. Lots of nice places nearby where I can go.

Hope to meet up with others in the area.

Dave

Hello from the Crossroads of America AlBurr

Nice to meet you Dave. 🤝

"Klaatu barada nikto"

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome but might I suggest you test the water first with something cheaper, like a second hand Mini 2?
If it turns out this hobby is not for you or you destroy the drone then you haven't forked out a fortune.
Besides if the hobby is not for you then the resale value of a Mini 2 would probably be fairly stable and you won't lose that much on selling it, whereas as soon as you buy a new drone its resale value probably drops a fair bit.

Hi, Al! Welcome to the forum from Hauptmann in North Texas!

You'll love the flexibility of vantage points an aerial camera platform affords--you'll get shots and videos you could only dream of before! I fly a Mavic 2 Pro now, but will soon be upgrading to the Mini 3 Pro.

Our more than 150,000 members worldwide enjoy helping each other get the most out of our hobby. Many of the questions you'll have will have already been addressed, and are easy to search. New questions? Just ask!

Glad to have you with us!

Rich R (aka Hauptmann)

Welcome but might I suggest you test the water first with something cheaper, like a second hand Mini 2?
If it turns out this hobby is not for you or you destroy the drone then you haven't forked out a fortune.
Besides if the hobby is not for you then the resale value of a Mini 2 would probably be fairly stable and you won't lose that much on selling it, whereas as soon as you buy a new drone its resale value probably drops a fair bit.
Thanks... that is good advice as I tend to jump in the deep end and regret it.

Been lurking for a bit and reading various threads. Seems like a fantastic and supportive community. While I don't have drone yet I am hovering between the Mavic 3 refurbished and a new or refurbished Mavic 3 Classic.

I live in Northern Virginia inside of highly restricted air space and will need to travel a bit to use the drone. Lots of nice places nearby where I can go.

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Watch lots of YouTube Videos and you have a couple of things to decide to better select the drone that best fits your need…

What are you going to use it for, just fun flying, or possibly as a stepping stone to a professional career.

How much are you willing and how much are you able to spend on a drone that you might actually get tired of using since, as you say, you will have to travel just to fly it…

Flying around your living room gets old real quick and "sneaking" outside for a quick flight might get you in Hot Watrer real quick also as your airspace is highly restricted and highly enforced…

Perhaps an inexpensive drone to start with to "wet your appetite" and see it you remain "hungry to fly…"

Again, YouTube Videos will help you decide and the restrictions might just be a deal breaker, Good Luck!

Fly On and Fly Safe…

Hi All...

Been lurking for a bit and reading various threads. Seems like a fantastic and supportive community. While I don't have drone yet I am hovering between the Mavic 3 refurbished and a new or refurbished Mavic 3 Classic. I was originally considering a sub 250 drone like the Mini 3 Pro but considering my location and the restrictions here I determined it really won't make that much difference. I do intend to get my 107, maybe even before I have the drone.

Dave
Nice to meet you. I’m in Alexandria regularly but do most of my flying in Md.

Hi All...

Dave
Welcome

Hi All...

Dave
Welcome! As others have mentioned here, it would help to start with something like a Mini. From my experience, anything smaller than that is not as stable. Also, when you do start, just jump right in. There may be some trepidation. But just go to a big field and launch it. There will be things you learn about that you didn't know. And things you may have worried about but find out that you didn't need to.

Welcome! As others have mentioned here, it would help to start with something like a Mini. From my experience, anything smaller than that is not as stable. Also, when you do start, just jump right in. There may be some trepidation. But just go to a big field and launch it. There will be things you learn about that you didn't know. And things you may have worried about but find out that you didn't need to.
Thanks, I appreciate the advice regarding getting over the fear.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FNG_