DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not all SD cards created equal!!

I purchased this card at someone's recommendation from this forum.
SanDisk Ultra 128GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter, Black, Standard Packaging (SDSQUNC-128G-GN6MA)
I can tell you it records just fine. But I do have some issues when plugging my Mavic to my iMac. Sometimes the files show up empty. I have to disconnect,...shut down the Mavic and controller,...then start back up and reconnect before the files show up. Not sure if this is because of the card or just a bug in the Mavic.

I take the card out and use a card reader. Less clutter. More risk of forgetting it at home, however.

It's my understanding that at least 90mbs write speed is best for 4K video.
I've heard that too but DJI's spec for the Mavic's write speed is only 60 Mbps. So any card that supports continuous write over 10 MBps (UHS-1 etc) should work.

For what it's worth, I've used the 64 GB Sandisk Ultra card (the one the OP returned) for lots of 4K video on my P3 over a couple of years. Never a glitch. Haven't tried it on the Mavic, though it should be the same since the P3 also has a 60 Mbps write speed spec.

I suspect the OP received a couple of defective cards.

I've heard that too but DJI's spec for the Mavic's write speed is only 60 Mbps. So any card that supports continuous write over 10 MBps (UHS-1 etc) should work.

For what it's worth, I've used the 64 GB Sandisk Ultra card (the one the OP returned) for lots of 4K video on my P3 over a couple of years. Never a glitch. Haven't tried it on the Mavic, though it should be the same since the P3 also has a 60 Mbps write speed spec.

I suspect the OP received a couple of defective cards.

Nope... not defective. This was in my P4P not Mav that I had the issues.

Nope... not defective. This was in my P4P not Mav that I had the issues.
Oh, I missed that part. P4P has a much faster max bit rate, 100 Mbps. Of course you would want to have cards that will work in both.

I'll try to remember that for future purchases.

It was an awesome day here in MD to fly and I burned through all three of my Mavic batteries and three on my P4P which meant I filled up two of my 64 Gig which I got on Amazon when I first got my P4P in February.

Amazon.com: SanDisk Extreme PLUS 64GB microSDXC UHS-I/U3 Card with Adapter (SDSQXSG-064G-GN6MA): Computers & Accessories

Well the other day I saw these on Amazon

Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter, Grey/Red, Standard Packaging (SDSQUNC-064G-GN6MA): SANDISK: Computers & Accessories

And for the price I ordered two... I put the first one in the P4P and after the first two minutes kept seeing in the SD Icon "slow writing" or something to that effect. Over and over again the same message. So buyer beware!! Spend the extra and get the good cards.

That is all....:)
I got the same card & size! I'll have to confirm. So what's better? Not good news!

Last edited:
It was an awesome day here in MD to fly and I burned through all three of my Mavic batteries and three on my P4P which meant I filled up two of my 64 Gig which I got on Amazon when I first got my P4P in February.

Amazon.com: SanDisk Extreme PLUS 64GB microSDXC UHS-I/U3 Card with Adapter (SDSQXSG-064G-GN6MA): Computers & Accessories

Well the other day I saw these on Amazon

First, cheap sdcards forget it. They are cheap because Bad writing Performance. It is not a good thinking vor believing when reading about sdcard, it is good , only looking to the read performance.
Sandisk has many different quality models, some only with warranty 1 year.
Its indicates bad quality. Forget it.

Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter, Grey/Red, Standard Packaging (SDSQUNC-064G-GN6MA): SANDISK: Computers & Accessories

And for the price I ordered two... I put the first one in the P4P and after the first two minutes kept seeing in the SD Icon "slow writing" or something to that effect. Over and over again the same message. So buyer beware!! Spend the extra and get the good cards.

That is all....:)

Buying SD cards first look the warranty time. Only 1 year , indicate for bad quality . no buy !
5 Years warranty are available by Toshiba, Samsung .....
But also named factories provides cheap sdcards with short warranty, besteht example is sandisk. You think , oh gold Name , but the gold products are same exepencive than Samsung, Toshiba .......
At next, do not look only the pronounced Read Performance. Many times there are Bad write performance.
And for using in Mavic you need at first high write performance.
I look in Internet in the home page oft the manufacture and there in the techs specs of sdcards.

It is same in case of memory chips for Notebooks. There is the performance showing in classs
Numbers. Cl5 is there most better than Class 11. but there it is only gold to know by using CAD systems.

USB Stücks the same procedure to know, important by using 32 or 64 GB sticks. Also there cheapest i guaranted bad.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure