Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not connecting to Drone using Main USB port

Anuj

Reactions
Hi,

A newbie drone pilot here.

I have a small problem.

When I connect my Samsung S7 via the DJI socket the application connects to the drone and everything works fine.

I recently got a Mount for myself and tried connecting the app via the main usb port.

While the phone charges; the app (both the DJI Go 4 and Litchi) don't seem to connect to the Mavic.

And Yes, I did remove the DJI cable from the charging port.

When I remove the USB cable and reconnect via the DJI port it connects immediately.

My problem is that the supplied DJI cable is too small to use with the mount and thus need to use the main USB port to connect to my phone.

Can a micro usb to micro usb be used to connect from the DJI port? The DJI port does not look like a standard micro usb port IMHO. I may be wrong.

TIA

Anuj

Hi,

A newbie drone pilot here.

I have a small problem.

When I connect my Samsung S7 via the DJI socket the application connects to the drone and everything works fine.

I recently got a Mount for myself and tried connecting the app via the main usb port.

While the phone charges; the app (both the DJI Go 4 and Litchi) don't seem to connect to the Mavic.

And Yes, I did remove the DJI cable from the charging port.

When I remove the USB cable and reconnect via the DJI port it connects immediately.

My problem is that the supplied DJI cable is too small to use with the mount and thus need to use the main USB port to connect to my phone.

Can a micro usb to micro usb be used to connect from the DJI port? The DJI port does not look like a standard micro usb port IMHO. I may be wrong.

TIA

Anuj
It is a standard micro usb port on the side, @msinger has various cables that will sort out your issue.

It's a standard Micro USB but you might find some alternative ones are too fat for the recess.
Have you tried different cables in the bottom USB?
You need a good data cable but usually what was supplied with phone or tablet will work - but be a bit too long.
It's generally the best option and saves wear and tear to the small one you need for charging.

Not all usb (including micro usb) cables carry data. Some are just power cables. Off all the assorted micro usb cable I had lying around, more than half did not have the internal conductors to carry data and were just charging cables.

Reactions: Kilrah and Anuj
Not all usb (including micro usb) cables carry data. Some are just power cables. Off all the assorted micro usb cable I had lying around, more than half did not have the internal conductors to carry data and were just charging cables.

Did the trick. Had used 2 earlier. Looks like both were duds. Problem fixed. Thanks so much.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61