DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not cool - S7 edge lock up mid flight

X424

Reactions
Hey all,

Ok this has happened three times to me now and it is only a matter of time before it results in the loss of my mavic. Mid flight, my brand new S7 edge is locking up (in the Go 4 app). Twice I have managed to close the app and restart it in time before the mavic initiated RTH. But today the phone locked up entirely and I had to do a hard reset using the down volume button and screen off button. The mavic initiated RTH and all I can say is thank *$&# I wasn't flying under any tree branches at the time (because it would have climbed to 50m and hit them for sure).

This is starting to erode my confidence in the setup....not sure whether to blame the app or the phone.

Advice welcome.

What carrier and what os? Nougat? Since I have this phone and no mavic as yet, I can't be helpful. I will follow the thread with interest, though. As I am leaning towards getting the mav.

Yep nougat 7.0. I am on live chat with DJI support now. Will keep you updated. My mavic is less than a week old.

I have an S7 Edge Verizon and have never had this problem. I will refer back to this if I do.

Best of luck. I've read that an ipad mini is a nice way to use as the screen.... just sayin ' (and wishing I had one)

Cheers peeps. I always fly in aeroplane mode too

Yep nougat 7.0. I am on live chat with DJI support now. Will keep you updated. My mavic is less than a week old.
It is nougat that is causing the trouble. I have the same issue. Almost went and bought an iPad but I have confidence they will get it fixed soon.
Regards,
-d.

It is nougat that is causing the trouble. I have the same issue. Almost went and bought an iPad but I have confidence they will get it fixed soon.
Regards,
-d.

Yup. It's Nougat. Had to roll my K1 Shield back from Nougat to 6.0.1. Marshmallow to get stability.

Ok I will roll back too then. DJI want me to send the mavic back to them for diagnosis. I compass calibrate before every flight and last did IMU two days ago so pretty sure it isn't either of those things which is where DJI started the troubleshooting process. Really dont want to have to send it back to DJI after only a week so will try android roll back first.

Cheers you bunch of legends.

I have a Sony X5 compact and had problem with the go 4 app crashing on me 3-4 times per battery. Last time I went fluting I tried to use the large USB slot instead and the app only crashed 1 time using 3 batteries. Will try to connect my phone line this next time too to make sure it really makes a difference.

Ok I will roll back too then. DJI want me to send the mavic back to them for diagnosis. I compass calibrate before every flight and last did IMU two days ago so pretty sure it isn't either of those things which is where DJI started the troubleshooting process. Really dont want to have to send it back to DJI after only a week so will try android roll back first.

Cheers you bunch of legends.

My s7 was doing that before the Android 7 update! I started using my old s5 and never had an issue since

My s7 was doing that before the Android 7 update! I started using my old s5 and never had an issue since
that's not what I wanted to hear! I only have the S7 lol

CP Imagined - I don't understand why the Mavic would initiate RTH in this scenario. Don't you still have RC control? The RC should not lose connection with the Mavic just because your phone crashed.

that's not what I wanted to hear! I only have the S7 lol

did the roll back to 6.0.1 work for you?
I'm getting my mavic tomw, and i have the s7edge as well. you're scaring me!!!
(i'm running android 6.0.1 on my s7edge currently) - is there a way to stop it from automatically updating to nougant?

CP Imagined - I don't understand why the Mavic would initiate RTH in this scenario. Don't you still have RC control? The RC should not lose connection with the Mavic just because your phone crashed.
Yeah I am unsure of this also. My understanding is that it should only RTH 3 seconds after RC signal is lost. Maybe I pressed the RTH button on the controller?

did the roll back to 6.0.1 work for you?
I'm getting my mavic tomw, and i have the s7edge as well. you're scaring me!!!
(i'm running android 6.0.1 on my s7edge currently) - is there a way to stop it from automatically updating to nougant?
Hey spyguy. I haven't rolled back yet. Still trying to figure out whether a factory reset will work or to do the method where you plug the phone into the PC. Any suggestions? I don't care about losing data on the phone as it is new anyway.

Hey spyguy. I haven't rolled back yet. Still trying to figure out whether a factory reset will work or to do the method where you plug the phone into the PC. Any suggestions? I don't care about losing data on the phone as it is new anyway.

For now, i'm continually postponing my update... sorry, i don't have any suggestions now, i'm still researching the internet for possible solutions to this issue. I did go to the manhattan DJI store (1666 bway) last week to speak to the reps there, according to them, there aren't any issues...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman