DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not descending during flight

AlexBeyd

Reactions
Hello M2 pilots

I've started to experience a weird behavior during flight
1. Once pushing left stick down, there is no response for descend. I'm able to descend only after couple of another tries.
2. Sometimes, when trying to descend and pushing left stick down to the end, it says "Landing" and starting the procedure.

I did check my settings and didn't see anything new there.

Did anyone experience similar? Or maybe I'm not aware of something?

Reactions: Felix Castillo
Maybe re-calibrate the control sticks

If this is happening when the drone is only a few feet above the ground, I think it's normal behavior. The drone won't land until it determines that the landing area is safe.

As you bring the drone closer to the ground using the control stick, there is a point where it will stop descending. You then have two options (1) start the landing sequence by pressing and holding the landing button or (2) hold the control stick down to start the landing sequence. Once either option is chosen, the drone manages the landing from that point.

It's not possible to just fly it to the ground without the drone going through the landing process.

It could be the obstacle avoidance system. If you have obstacles in and around the launch and landing area. You could try turning off obstacle avoidance but you'll have to be more careful. Perhaps find a launch area more free of obstacles.

Hello M2 pilots

I've started to experience a weird behavior during flight
1. Once pushing left stick down, there is no response for descend. I'm able to descend only after couple of another tries.
2. Sometimes, when trying to descend and pushing left stick down to the end, it says "Landing" and starting the procedure.
The symptoms you describe are caused by teh downward facing sensors detecting something close below the drone.
If you post your flight data, that will confirm what's going on.

Hello I'm experimenting the same issue, above 35mts on the air, very difficult to make it landing, I almost run out of battery.
Its like the sensor detect something under but there's nothing, I'm using a DJI mini SE. i noticed wen i was traying to do a dronie zooming in and it wasn't descending, afer some time pulling down it trigger the "Landing mode" with no errors on screen, just landing like if was there something, wen it was lower leave it to see what happen (if it turns the motors off) but it stops and I got the alert "Not secure area for landing"

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU