DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not dji goggles!

So they say necessity is the mother of invention. So here it goes.

I have perfect 20/20 for distance, but still need glasses for reading, due to an operation I had a few years ago to replace my eye lenses to eliminate my cataracts.

I saw that the screens were blurry in my goggles. I use 1.5 diopter for reading, reading all the posts on line, I experimented and decided on 4.5 Power Readers. I now have an

Extremely sharp view of the screens.

I sacrificed the glasses and cut off the arms on my bandsaw,

mounted a very small neodymium magnet to the front of them after grinding them down to flatten the small curve on them for a better fit.

Epoxied the magnet with 5 Minute Epoxy.

Do not use CA/Super Glue orYour wife's nail glue, it can ruin your lenses if it runs and cause crazing.

Find a short piece of metal the width of the channel in between the lenses by about 3/8 long so that you can adjust yours lenses up or down on it. I used thin two sided tape to mount the strip for now. The magnet will hold the lenses very firmly and can be removed in a second for someone else to use.

Today i saw the goggles live for the first time; i can't say anything about image (they were off), but the tool is so gigantic that i should behave as a thief for using them becuse in my country fpv is forbidden and i can imagine the croud and attention these goggles can attract.......at this point i think i will not get them and hope something smaller comes out soon.

Here is my 2 cents. I have had now the goggle for a while now. And for me it is just 100x better than the vr phone in the goggles type. The video is just so immersive that no matter where I fly and Wat I am looking at it is just wow. And the ability to control the craft via the goggles is awesome. One can get the shot and align your photos and videos with the cheap goggles. And they are more fun than just looking on your phone, the experience is just not as immersive. The next thing I would like to try as another option is the HD goggles with HDMI input that runs the video via a HDMI enabled tablet. And see Wat that is like.

The CAVU app resolution is very clear after learning the several adjustment options. My phone is a Samsung S8 which is considered hi def. I use the Homido v2 VR goggles which really help as the optics and adjustability are very good. The resolution may not be hi def but the resolution is surprisingly sharp. Good enough to back burner buying the DJI Goggles until they are priced a bit more reasonably.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31