DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not eligible for Refresh on Mavic 2

Springerdog1

Reactions
I have a Mavic 2 Zoom. I took it out to fly today and went to buy the refresh but as I learned I am not eligible because I let the Refresh lapse. Is there any insurance out there that is like Refresh?
Andy

There's a link in the highlights for the refresh that gives instructions on how to submit a video proving air worthyness.

"Want to purchase DJI Care Refresh, but your product has been activated over 48 hours? Click here to learn how."

I received the notices back in October to renew. I just ignored them because I didn't have the time to fly. Today I wanted to fly and it won't let me renew. I am not sure whether I wanted refresh or refresh plus to be honest. After I posted this I read a couple of postings that said DJI no longer participates in the using of the link for after 48 hours. So I did let it lapse. I was unaware that you had to purchase it then.

Originally I thought you meant trying to obtain Refresh after 48 hours elapsed since activation. For that you need the video.

Renewal is actually Refresh Plus, which gives you one refresh for that 2nd year, and extends the warranty through to the end of the Plus term. I was going to wait until 5 months to get Plus, since warranty on some components is only 6 months, but I took advantage of the 20% discount offered on Thanksgiving.
To get Plus, you have to already have refresh that has not expired and still has a refresh left (not used more than once).

There's a link in the highlights for the refresh that gives instructions on how to submit a video proving air worthyness.

"Want to purchase DJI Care Refresh, but your product has been activated over 48 hours? Click here to learn how."
I addressed this in a previous post. DJI required me to authenticate the air worthiness of my Mavic Air by requiring documentation with IMU and photos or videos . There is an entire protocol they made me go through and I finally got the dpi refresh, and in fact, used it for a repair after a crash. You need to go to th DJI website and click on your drone (e.g.: Mavic 2 Prfo, or whatever you have) and then follow the prompts for DJI Refresh. It was a lot of hassle for me to get this information together for DJI.

Reactions: Thomas B
I have a Mavic 2 Zoom. I took it out to fly today and went to buy the refresh but as I learned I am not eligible because I let the Refresh lapse. Is there any insurance out there that is like Refresh?
Andy
State Farm writes in most states.For about $70 you get a policy that covers up to $6000 worth of equipment+accessories.You can also include non drone things in most cases.It pays out with no deductible at replacement cost.Not sure if they cancel you after a claim and not sure how long they'll continue to offer it.

I do have the State Farm. The problem with that is if you report a claim it will show as claim on your homeowners if you decide to change companies, even though it is a personal article policy. My State Farm agent has told me all along that he thinks State Farm will eventually do away with this policy for drones. State Farm policy is good if your drone is lost and the Refresh is to be used in the event of a crash where you find the drone. I am guilty of letting the refresh lapse. The DJi emails should state it more clearly.

State Farm writes in most states.For about $70 you get a policy that covers up to $6000 worth of equipment+accessories.You can also include non drone things in most cases.It pays out with no deductible at replacement cost.Not sure if they cancel you after a claim and not sure how long they'll continue to offer it.
I have this, $52 a year with no deductible and it covers anything and everything.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom