DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not getting smooth POI in Litchi - please help!

Pixelglow

Reactions
I have 12 properties to shoot using Litchi - and I need to get this working ASAP! I have the missions all set up but when I tested it - I got really jerky gimble movements as it follows the POI - not good. I am using just one POI in the center of the property (these are large rural lots - like 40 acres) and have the drone going to each of the four corners pointing at the center. Here's a test of what I am talking about:

Settings are Heading Mode - Custom, Gimbal Pitch - Focus POI

I assumed that it would do this smoothly. What am I missing here???

"

Reactions: RonanCork
Actually - I tried it both ways - this test is using interpolate - I should have mentioned that. There was no difference. Seems unusually harsh - like something isn't right...

I've been having Litchi problems as well, I'm pretty sure it's them and their app. The gimbal moving in increments, looking at poi's from past missions,{in that direction), "Unfortunately Litchi has stopped" messages and mission hub going down in the middle of planning.....

Wow - that sucks. I haven't had any of those other issues, so am hoping it isn't something with the ap. However - maybe a reinstall might be a good first step.

I have 12 properties to shoot using Litchi - and I need to get this working ASAP! I have the missions all set up but when I tested it - I got really jerky gimble movements as it follows the POI - not good. I am using just one POI in the center of the property (these are large rural lots - like 40 acres) and have the drone going to each of the four corners pointing at the center. Here's a test of what I am talking about:

"

Couple of things to try.

1)In the settings of Litchi there’s a gimbal option that is “sync gimbal yaw to aircraft heading” whatever you have it set to on or off try it the other way.

2) Make sure you have “curved turns” enabled and make them 100%.

3) There are mission settings and individual waypoint settings and how those two things interact is sometimes not as obvious as it would seem. From what it sounds like you have your mission settings set to focus POI right? Try setting your mission settings to “interpolate” and then go in and change each waypoint’s setting to be focus poi and if that doesn’t work do it the other way around where mission settings are POI and each waypoint is interpolate.

4) it sounds like you are just doing a classic orbit mission. Have you tried just doing and orbit mission in Litchi? 69298
In orbit the drone flies around in a circle and focuses on POI. But if you need something other than a circle you can just manipulate radius of the circle in flight with the right control stick. For a dynamic cinematic look place the POI off center so that the gimbal will tilt down as the drone circles the near side of the POI and tilt up as it moves to the far side. Camera movement in more than one direction on a stationary subject is much more pleasing to the eye and makes small imperfections much less visible.

5) The video you showed us above isn’t terrible and nothing a little iMovie shake reduction can’t fix. Put it into iMovie (or other video editor) and apply shake reduction, let it do it’s thing and do something else cause it’s gonna take awhile and when you come back boom ? problems gone.

Thanks for the suggestions - I was going to try the orbit today - so I will go through those steps with the mission settings as well. By the way - I just put that little clip into Final Cut and stabilized it and viola, you were right it was smooth. So not as big a deal as I thought!

"
This is FAMILIAR to Me -
Its been since the Launch of MAVIC 2
I didn't have it with Mavic PRO-

There are MULTIPLE references to this....
like this - (Follow Link to Search) Search results for query: litchi Jerky

Still not solved that I know of....
PS: Its not only Litchi - its in the Hardware with Waypoints 2 as well -
its in the Manual ORBIT routine that One does between waypoints-
Not STraight - Not Backwards - Just SIdeways when Turning - Like a rounding off JERKY Movement!

I have the same issue. I read a tip that decreasing the gimbal pitch speed in dji go4 app and set exp yaw to 0.2 should solve the problem, does somone try this already?

so is this issue resolved at this point. The thread upon this topic was started 3 months ago...

What you are experiencing it the inability of the Mavic2 to fly waypoint missions without jerkiness in the panning. It doesn't matter whether you are using DJI Go4 or Litchi it is always there to one degree or another. There a plenty of threads on this topic on the forums.

The M2 is defective in this regard; DJI knows it, acknowledges it, but has yet to fix it.

Reactions: Bill Ludwig
What you are experiencing it the inability of the Mavic2 to fly waypoint missions without jerkiness in the panning. It doesn't matter whether you are using DJI Go4 or Litchi it is always there to one degree or another. There a plenty of threads on this topic on the forums.

The M2 is defective in this regard; DJI knows it, acknowledges it, but has yet to fix it.

This has NOT been resolved-

However - there is ALSO evidence that it easily could be resolved-
Mavic 1 - on Previous Software - Was Amazing - and Very smooth-
The Glitch seems to be a rounding off of degrees of turn - and causing the stutter-

DJI has the ability to easily remedy this -
… But their NON-interest to do so SHOWS up Loudest -

Its is because of this - I cannot PROGRESS ANY MAVIC 2 WayPoint work (Litchi or other. in Pan Mode) to be professional work
DJI doesn't know how that is damaging its potential for FILM-MAKING of this kind.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki